Local Gun Show

SilverRidge01

Having my coffee waiting for my brother and we are heading for the gun show at WPB fair grounds ... This is the first show I've been to in awhile, years ago gun shows were strictly gun shows, firearms only, now they are sophisticated flea markets, last one I went to had everything from home made pickles, glass cleaners, beef jerky, women's custome jewelry, I could go on and on, this wasn't my idea of a gun show ( I bought the jerky tho ) I'm going to stock up on ammunition, always a good selection of ammo at fair prices, stay tuned I'll give you my impression of this one later today, hopefully it will be more positive  ...

• Like 4

Didn't take long we walked thru the show in 1.5 hours stopping ocassionally to view something of interest, typical, won't even give it the name gun show, flea market items again, more this time, think the wifey would enjoy this show, maybe I'll invite her next time, cannot deny there were firearms, optics, acessories as advertised, knives made in China personified, there hadda be ten tables filled with the $5-10-20 type, all kinda optics, scopes and aftermarket stuff for the AR 15 platform......BUT and I re emphasize BUT, what will bring me back is the selection of ammunition and the cannot beat prices, Aguila 22 high velocity 38 grain 500 round brick, $14, CCI Stinger box of 50 $4.99 cannot do better around here and .380 95 gr FMJ reloads 100 round bag forgot what I paid for it but was very inexpensive,  not very crowded also, we were surprised, it was worth the $10 adm 

• Like 1

Good report, SilverRidge. That sounds like the "Pittsburgh Gunshow" that is in Monroeville PA. Lots of junk, ladies jewelry, flea mkt. items,  stun-guns, donation/raffle ticket  sales, food products, chinese knives, tools, etc. The other two have limited to mostly guns and related stuff. We go to them all because you just never know what is waiting for you on some of those tables. Afterward a great lunch with my buddy and (sometimes my son and or son in law) so that caps off the perfect day. tom. :cowboy2:

• Like 1

There is a small local one here this weekend.  If I have time I might go.  Usually not many things of interest to me.  I just go because i run into a few folks I hardly ever see and we chat.  I did find some old .220 Swift ammo there one time for my rifle. 

Dave..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deputy tom said:

Good report, SilverRidge. That sounds like the "Pittsburgh Gunshow" that is in Monroeville PA. Lots of junk, ladies jewelry, flea mkt. items,  stun-guns, donation/raffle ticket  sales, food products, chinese knives, tools, etc. The other two have limited to mostly guns and related stuff. We go to them all because you just never know what is waiting for you on some of those tables. Afterward a great lunch with my buddy and (sometimes my son and or son in law) so that caps off the perfect day. tom. :cowboy2:

Your right on deputy tom, afterward we headed to this excellent diner for a good southern breakfast, consisting of two eggs over easy, home fried potatoes, sausage gravy over two biscuits and a sausage patty, can't believe I ate the entire thing, got home put my ammo away and had a nap, I get so lethargic after consuming that much chow, but that's it for today, no more eats maybe a piece of fruit later, and can U believe I've lost 45 lbs in last two months ....

• Like 2