Tweaker Facing 99 Years for Shooting Police

Moshe

I don't understand why he was only charged with aggravated assault against a police officer x4.  Shooting at people is attempted murder.  He should have been charged with that.  

I'm glad he could get 99 years for what he was actually charged with, but I'll bte that isn't what he actually gets, IF he's found guilty.  Maybe in Texas that will at least happen.

24 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I don't understand why he was only charged with aggravated assault against a police officer x4.  Shooting at people is attempted murder.  He should have been charged with that.  

I'm glad he could get 99 years for what he was actually charged with, but I'll bte that isn't what he actually gets, IF he's found guilty.  Maybe in Texas that will at least happen.

It should given the damage the Constable faced.  He was a just a few millimeter's from his femoral.  I amazed he survived given how many times the tweaker shot him with a shotgun.

• Like 1

When they arrived at the home, they knocked on the door but Smith would not answer the door.

Several minutes passed before Smith stepped outside with a shotgun.  Smith fired several shots at deputy constables.

Deputy Christopher Gaines suffered multiple gunshot wounds from the shooting."This case is a reminder of how dangerous our officers' jobs truly are," Harris County District Attorney's Office First said. 

Prayers of quick and full recoveries to all the injured LEOs.  They chose a profession that traded their own safety to protect others in their community.