Social Justice What Does It Mean to You?

Moshe

What Does Social Justice Mean to You?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What Does Social Justice Mean to You?

• Protesting in the Streets
    • Contacting your Representative
    • Making your Complaints to Organizations That are the Problem.
    • Availing Yourself of Agencies/Groups to Make Your Grievances Known
    • Sue

2 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Unfortunately, that term is so tainted for me now, all I think of is the "gimme" crowd screaming for equal outcomes regardless of effort applied.

I think the co-opted it.  But, it doesn't have to be their definition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

"Social justice" is meaningless. Justice can only be obtained by individuals for individuals.

"Social justice" is just a scam by which politicians take property from some people and use it to buy votes from other people.

1. Is helpful.

2. Communism?

To me the phrase social justice is a catch phrase used by people taken in by political correctness trends.  It seems to be a phrase designed to unite disenfranchised individuals with disparate goals.  For progressives, it helps them control a larger number of sheep and gives them a perception that their activities are making a positive change to society.  To the silent majority, the trend has a completely different appearance. It allows splinter groups a stage to mouth their complaints about the way they feel alienated by society.  But, to most of us, the crap that they are complaining about seems to highlight their own inability to step up, cope and adapt to society.  In short, progressives seem intent on using social justice issues to erode the fabric that holds society together, while the rest of us do not relate to or see relevance in the issues being complained about. 

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

To me, Social Justice is a way of attacking the First Amendment freedoms of Speech, Press, and Religion.  If you look, and not very hard, they are ALL under severe attack. And with those restricted, they find it even easier to attack the Second, and all the rest of our freedoms.  Just look at Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and the major media.  

I now retire to cool off and not continue this rant.  I need to zero a couple of rifles.  ?? 

Hawk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, minervadoe said:

To me the phrase social justice is a catch phrase used by people taken in by political correctness trends.  It seems to be a phrase designed to unite disenfranchised individuals with disparate goals.  For progressives, it helps them control a larger number of sheep and gives them a perception that their activities are making a positive change to society.  To the silent majority, the trend has a completely different appearance. It allows splinter groups a stage to mouth their complaints about the way they feel alienated by society.  But, to most of us, the crap that they are complaining about seems to highlight their own inability to step up, cope and adapt to society.  In short, progressives seem intent on using social justice issues to erode the fabric that holds society together, while the rest of us do not relate to or see relevance in the issues being complained about. 

Here is my thought:  One I was taught by my WWII Vet Grandfather, who was in the European campaign.  "Always stick up for the little guy, whoever they are."  I have lived my life that way.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as "Social Justice".  It's a made up term to justify whining about your inability to cope with life's trials and tribulations. 

It's a vehicle for young and older adults to wail about how poorly they think life is treating them just like it  does to everyone else.  They wanted to be so special and have others fawn over them.

They want someone else to solve all their   problems for them so they don't have to.   These are problems presented to every person in the course of maturing and the solution is learning self motivation, self respect, and self determination.  You will notice that  most of the areas these people are deficient in, involve "self".   

Long ago society used to call these people "Adolescents", and they were corrected for thinking that they were better than everyone else.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Moshe said:

Here is my thought:  One I was taught by my WWII Vet Grandfather, who was in the European campaign.  "Always stick up for the little guy, whoever they are."  I have lived my life that way.

Agreed.  I have saved numerous people who I did not actually like from getting major league ass kickings because it was the right thing to do. 

• Like 4