Here's What Really Happens to Your Brain When You Drink Too Much Alcohol

TBO

8 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I can't drink to excess since the second glass puts me right to sleep...

I was in the Navy.  While serving, I thought that this would be a great opportunity to try drinking.  I have never like the taste, but have been known to use it in excess for the effects.  Anyway, I spent some weekends drinking pretty steady, and found that I never experienced a blackout, or even drunkenness to the point that I was unable to take care of myself.  I got into some barfights, but they were usually because all the bar was fighting, and I was in the bar at the time so I fought too.  (Malta, Crete, and Naples were very memorable).   The Navy was great for drinking.  They would take you into custody, take you back to your ship for free, to a warm place with lots of good food and a bunk of you own to sleep in.  

Although, I did some calculations (what the hell, I had plenty of time since I was working for the military) and found out that to be a good out and out alcoholic was an expensive proposition.  Long story short, I would have to work to support the high cost of being a decent alcoholic, not just a bum.  I figured that if I had to work anyway to support a habit, what was the purpose, I might as well get on with my life and forget the alcohol.  Being a good alcoholic costs a lot of money and is a time consuming effort.  I never got to like the taste, and eventually had major stomach surgery that precludes my imbibing.  I never really missed it either. 

• Like 3

I can quit any time I want.

.....and sometimes, I do.  ?

....still don't get DTs.

Edited by Al Czervik
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are four types of drunks:

1. Sleepy (found a guy behind the train tracks who pissed himself in Laredo).

2. Forgetful.  The source of babies and many bad marriages or abortions.

3. Happy/positive, that was me until I have been clean and sober for a good 19 years.

4. Angry.  One of my idiot Classmates in the USBP when took time off to go downtown.  He was in the middle of the road yelling, while cabs were honking at him for being in the road.  I tried to get him out of the road, and warn him he could get hit.  That was his cue to hit, I ducked, and left him to his own devices.

9 hours ago, Moshe said:

There are four types of drunks:

1. Sleepy (found a guy behind the train tracks who pissed himself in Laredo).

2. Forgetful.  The source of babies and many bad marriages or abortions.

3. Happy/positive, that was me until I have been clean and sober for a good 19 years.

4. Angry.  One of my idiot Classmates in the USBP when took time off to go downtown.  He was in the middle of the road yelling, while cabs were honking at him for being in the road.  I tried to get him out of the road, and warn him he could get hit.  That was his cue to hit, I ducked, and left him to his own devices.

I'll add a fifth type.

5. Sad.  The guy that gets drunk and can't stop lamenting his life or just flat out crying.  They are very annoying when you have to babysit them, but other than that pretty harmless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

I'll add a fifth type.

5. Sad.  The guy that gets drunk and can't stop lamenting his life or just flat out crying.  They are very annoying when you have to babysit them, but other than that pretty harmless.

I remember that guy when I was at NMSU.  All he could talk about was some stupid D+D character of his, and someone screwed me over to listen to him.  I got really drunk just to drown out his incessant nerdy worship.  So, solid point.

2 hours ago, minervadoe said:

This graph never gets old.  Good old legal anywhere alcohol tops the list of most harmful drugs.  More than tobacco. More than crack. 

RelativeDrugHarms.png

Are we supposed to start at the bottom and work up, or start at the top and work down?

He (or she) with the most point wins?

Challenge accepted!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minervadoe said:

This graph never gets old.  Good old legal anywhere alcohol tops the list of most harmful drugs.  More than tobacco. More than crack. 

RelativeDrugHarms.png

What fucktard said meth was half as harmful as booze?  I can guarantee you that stupid ****** never worked child welfare or community mental health.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1