iOS or Android

Gun Shark

Android. It is easy for my feeble mind.

Although after reading about Eric buying ios computers cheap at pawn shops, it made me consider buying and learning..I'm just not savvy on computers like many folks. So yea, its android.

iOS.

Have been using Apple products for years and I get substantial discounts through my wife's work.

Now to clarify a bit. I absolutely love my iPad. I have it in a Lifeproof case with a neck strap and it goes everywhere with me.

Now for smart phones. I have a dislike for these obnoxious devices.

I do have an iPhone, for the reasons I already mentioned in the first line of this post, but when this one dies, I am seriously considering a flip phone that does not butt dial.

One more thing.

Siri is a she devil and has been excorcized from all of my devices!

Edited by jmohme

I bought an iPad 3 when they came out and almost lost my mind with it. Such a PITA to use. To me Android is so much user friendly. I have never been a fan of apple so it might have something to do with it. I tried to like them though.

IOS for me with an iPad & iPhone. No Macs, though - strictly Win 7 on a PC as far as computers go - SolidWorks and OrCad user on the computers. I initially got an Android tablet back in 2012 or so (an Asus something-or-other), but the touch screen never liked my fingers (had to use a stylus for any kind of accuracy or reliability). Never saw that when I tried my now ex's iPad, so when the cats knocked it off the table and cracked the screen, I went to an iPad and never looked back.

-Pat

Android as it's open and I can control it how I like to include writing my own apps and side loading them.

I have used iphones, blackberries, and windows phones for work and while they are all decent and have their place none fit the bill for me like android.

• Like 1

Android for the ability to access the system folders just by plugging it into my desktop/laptop. No iTunes needed to load custom ringtones/notifications.

Not an IOS/Apple hater, just prefer Android. It's not "one big thing", but all the little nuances I appreciate with Android. I could live with IOS if I had no choice, but since I do...

• Like 4

My first smartphone was the Droid which came out in 2009. I switched to the iPhone when the 6 Plus came out. No real reason other than to try something else and I had no issues or complaints about Android. Now that I have an iPad and iMac I don't ever see myself going back to Android.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Eric said:

My nephew told me that Apple released a beta of IOS 11 for people to try out. Has anyone installed it?

It's always good to wait until the beta version has been tested and proven to work and officially released.  Even then I would rather wait because they will usually have to push some patches to fix what they originally miss.

My preference is actually Windows 10 Mobile.  However, the cars want IOS or Android.  I went with Android over IOS.  I found IOS much to confining.  Android provides me with lots more flexibility.  I develop under both environments, and Apple's heavy handedness is a real buzz kill to development.  So, having to choose between IOS and Android; I went with Android.  The Samsung S8 is a very nice phone.

• Like 1

Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile!  But, sadly, not for long since even Microsoft is abandoning it.  >:(  :cry:

I love the live tiles and the UI in general.

Started on iPhone, but hate both iTunes and the lack of customization.  I'm not a big fan of Google either and since I was already using most of Microsoft's services, I went to Windows Phone and was very pleased until recently when Microsoft started making better apps for the competition than for their own devices.

I've all but decided to switch to Android.  But, I'm also not interested in blowing big money every year or two for the latest greatest.  Assuming no major glitches show up in India where it has already been released, I will likely buy a Moto G5S Plus when released in the states.

• Like 1

Just now, Maccabeus said:

Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile!  But, sadly, not for long since even Microsoft is abandoning it.  >:(  :cry:

I love the live tiles and the UI in general.

Started on iPhone, but hate both iTunes and the lack of customization.  I'm not a big fan of Google either and since I was already using most of Microsoft's services, I went to Windows Phone and was very pleased until recently when Microsoft started making better apps for the competition than for their own devices.

I've all but decided to switch to Android.  But, I'm also not interested in blowing big money every year or two for the latest greatest.  Assuming no major glitches show up in India where it has already been released, I will likely buy a Moto G5S Plus when released in the states.

It's going to be a monumental task for another OS to crack the mobile market... when even Microsoft can't do it, you know it's tough.  I was actually talking to a guy at work the other night and we got to talking about Blackberry's... He's a huge Blackberry fan, but even he can't believe they are still in the smart phone market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGunFreak said:

It's going to be a monumental task for another OS to crack the mobile market... when even Microsoft can't do it, you know it's tough.  I was actually talking to a guy at work the other night and we got to talking about Blackberry's... He's a huge Blackberry fan, but even he can't believe they are still in the smart phone market.

Microsoft had a discernable, albeit very small, presence in the market and chose to let it die off.  As usual for them, despite gobs of money, their marketing was non-existent.

I don't think anyone else can break in with another OS.  Not unless something completely outside the box is developed.  That's what the Windows Mobile diehard fans keep telling themselves: that Microsoft is about to do some new amazing thing in mobile any second now.  Two years ago, I was open to the possibility.  Today, I don't believe it for a minute.  Too many reboots, too many failures, too many times shooting themselves in the foot.

As for Blackberry, I was shocked to see their new release and to be reminded they even exist.  I thought Hillary Clinton had the last Blackberries on the planet smashed to hide evidence.

• Like 1