When Did Old Sneak Up On Me?

Moshe

I fell asleep twice this week in front of the TV (during the day).  Then I find out my wife was conspiring in the background to have the infamous scope shoved up my tuchus.  Then there is a possibility of eye surgery coming up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I used to joke that I hit 40, and 40 hit back.

Man, if only I had that much energy and lack of strange aches and chronic pains. I sound like a bowl of rice crispies getting out of bed. I have a "good knee." My junk still works, I just don't chase. I'll run when I run out of bullets. I'm actually GLAD that the grey in my beard is starting to even out.  My forehead is growing. EAR HAIR. Zero tolerance for bullshit. Sometimes money costs too much- meaning no, I won't work overtime. Yard day now takes all day.

I just WISH I felt like I did at 40.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I've noticed recently that I subconsciously avoid doing things that require me to get down on my knees... getting back up takes more effort than I care to admit. Used to have 20/15 eyesight... then needed readers... now, bifocals. And meds? Not even going there.

I will say this... the journey to this point has been worth it. Been blessed with an awesome family, one career in which it was an honor to serve, and another which paid the bills and supported my shooting hobby. I've had it good, and still have it better than I deserve. Would love to do it all over again.

• Like 6

I don't even think about how I do things different. I just adapt. Can't bend over anymore. If something falls on the floor, I leave it until I feel better or there is more than one thing to pick up. Then get on my knees to get it. Lay on my back on the bed to put my socks and pants on. Often have to grab the dresser to help stand up in the morning, making all kinds of noise. I figure it's a real good day when I can wash and dry my feet when showering. That said, I snowshoed out in 3' of snow yesterday and fell a bunch of trees for the moose to eat. I was sweating like a pig and hurting like a mother. Yet today, I helped my grand daughter do a brake job on her car. Miraculously I'm not in pain from that.

Now. Get off my lawn.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TXUSMC said:

I've noticed recently that I subconsciously avoid doing things that require me to get down on my knees... getting back up takes more effort than I care to admit. Used to have 20/15 eyesight... then needed readers... now, bifocals. And meds? Not even going there.

I will say this... the journey to this point has been worth it. Been blessed with an awesome family, one career in which it was an honor to serve, and another which paid the bills and supported my shooting hobby. I've had it good, and still have it better than I deserve. Would love to do it all over again.

I don't like being on the floor.  It is hell getting back up.  Yes, there are so many meds, I have to consciously think of them all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aomagrat said:

As I was buying a new pair of shoes today, the thought crossed my mind that these may be the last pair I ever buy.

I buy inexpensive shoes that I replace periodically, so that the economy has a vested interest in my good health.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1