Had to use my Glock yesterday...

Cougar_ml

So it's been snowing here, and I had to go out in it yesterday.  People are being crazy out there.  I made sure to carry my Glock with me, just in case.

I typically drive a front wheel drive car and pull a trailer for my job, but that wasn't going to work with this much snow.  I went over and borrowed my uncle's old 4wd ford truck.  It got the job done, but has street tires on it instead of snow tires.  No snow chains for it either.

Ended up getting it stuck in all 3 of my customer's driveways, 1 just due to being a paved slope and not enough weight in the truck, along with the street tires.  The other 2 was due to there being about a foot of snow.  Once it got compacted the tires tried to stay in the ruts, which made trying to turn while driving uphill on a slope fun, as rear tire tracked in the path of the opposite front tire, and I was driving sideways along the slope, almost into the customer's fence.

So the 2 places I got stuck, I whipped out my trusty Glock and went to town on the snow.  Didn't take long to get the snow cleared out using the Glock.  

I'm talking about my Glock entrenching tool.  First time I've actually used it on anything, and really appreciated the round handle and locking the blade at 90 degrees to just pull and scrape the snow out of the way, and being able to hold it facing any direction equally, not something that works with the traditional triangular shaped handle on the military type entrenching tools.

• Haha 2

I always have ~2.5' shovel (gardening?) (it's really pretty stout) in the car.

And a stack of the harbor freight moving blankets ($5).  The blankets can be used to bundle-up if you get stranded,  often get used to cover seats/floor/trunk in mucky winter muck,  and work very well for traction if folded longways and put under the tires.

• Like 2