Stunning research

RenoF250

Giving people money makes them less stressed?  Really?  Maybe if the worked I would give a **** if they are stressed or not.  I would be less stressed if I did not have to work and got my money for nothing.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/universal-basic-income-finland-ontario-stockton_us_5c5c3679e4b00187b558e5ab

I don't understand how people this stupid feed themselves, tie their shoes, wipe their ass etc.

• Like 2

From the article: "...In India, the main opposition party is running on a pledge to introduce a guaranteed minimum income for the country’s poor...".

"...But it’s controversial, too. First, there’s the cost. One estimation by journalist Annie Lowrey, who has written a book on UBI, says a $1,000 monthly payment would cost around $3.9 trillion a year. Other critics see UBI as an expensive, free handout that will discourage work and encourage laziness..."

So it is a political ploy to garner votes. When you don't have to work, you won't. Why would you. the country's poor would increase in numbers when many people look at the trade off of not working and getting money anyway. How many immigrants do you think would jump at the chance to get an annual income for no effort. We would be the utopia of all those peoples wanting American largesse and not having to put forth any effort to get it. Considering that the liberals want unlimited access by foreigners to the USA, this seems a part of their political platform.

Who can afford this and where is the money supposed to come from. Before you have a plan like this you should add up the cost and see if there is a source that won't deplete the country's coffers while at the same time, not take money away from other programs and simply move a problem to somewhere else.

Productivity is survival. I bet if this were implemented, the average lifetime in the USA would decrease because of the inactivity. If you don't have to get off your butt and get your blood flowing, why would you.

Pay people to not work and you get what you pay for. More and more people would decide that work is a four letter word and use other means than a job to supplement their income, if at all.

Who is going to work to pay for this? If a significant percentage decides that this is a solution to their problem of having to get up early and go to work, the money simply won't be there. The government may have to print more money and now you have inflation. The international debt would skyrocket since the dollar is worth less, until we wouldn't be able to buy foreign products.

Only a fool would spend money on something, without recognizing that the money being spent is now not available for the purpose it was used for originally. Limited amount of money means that to spend in one area, the money has to be taken from another area. You are just moving a problem around and not solving anything.

Progress would slide slowly to a stop. More and more people would stay home and eliminate the cost associated with transportation, food, and travel, thereby lowering their cost of living while simply staying home. The end result is a full collapse after the public loses the desire to work.

It really sounds like another liberal method of buying votes without any social conscience.

This is another short term means of political power, and a long term means of the country's economic collapse.

Our country was originally built on the concept that the individual could progress as much as they wanted, with personal effort.  Why destroy the effort at the expense of individual and social progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Giving people money makes them less stressed?  Really?  Maybe if the worked I would give a **** if they are stressed or not.  I would be less stressed if I did not have to work and got my money for nothing.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/universal-basic-income-finland-ontario-stockton_us_5c5c3679e4b00187b558e5ab

I don't understand how people this stupid feed themselves, tie their shoes, wipe their ass etc.

I don't understand the STUPID Americans that vote pieces of crap like AOC  and that Somali communist into office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT scares me more than anything....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

All that stuff takes a lot of time and thought on their part.  So much, in fact, they need free money because they have no time to work. The same people depend on someone to give them a ride to the voting precinct and remind them how they should vote when elections come around.  

• Like 2

Well, I would say that with welfare, food stamps, Section 8, and who knows what else we are already providing a free minimum income for many Americans; however, at least they have to go to the trouble of committing fraud in order to keep that money coming in.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Spork said:

Well, I would say that with welfare, food stamps, Section 8, and who knows what else we are already providing a free minimum income for many Americans; however, at least they have to go to the trouble of committing fraud in order to keep that money coming in.  

And once the in's and out's of the gimmy programs are learned, generation after generation of the same "extended" family's remain on those programs and live very well.  Because of the generosity of the working people - and stupidity of politicians , those same people now have plenty of time to rake in really big money selling drugs and taking part in other criminal activity that hurts the country and costs taxpayers even more.

• Like 1

My grandson told me that with the medical benefits and welfare payments he wouldn't go back to work.  He says he gets everything free now that he used to have to pay for, and better than he could afford in the past.  Now he has time to get into drugs.  His intent is to quit the drugs.  I told him to call me back when he has, and when he gets a job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

in north carolina  you know the leeches when you see em , they got 9 kids with them .  we got asked all the time do we take ebt cards at berry house  , and i do not know how many times  we had to show people the big red sign that had payment  methods .  hell  we had some folks come in looking for berries  and said they would pick 2 buckets   and bring in from field if they could pick a bucket .  and  yeah we bartered   all the time when deemed like it was honest good folks . 

you come in with 9 kids , unless you are a teacher bringing kids over from school to learn  about berries  which we did alot .  you are paying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1