MikeG36

Anyone Carry A Flashlight?

Along the lines of the pocket knife thread, I'm curious how many of us carry a flashlight. I have been carrying a Streamlight ProTac 2L-X for about a year. Before that a hodgepodge of SureFire, Streamlight and even a Fenix. I use mine every day. 

At least 2, two is one, one is none and all that. Another in my murse.

oh yeah, I forgot, a little flashlight in my tool kit with an secret auto knife and a leartherman scissors carabiner clip.

Edited by NPTim

I don't carry one but I have one in my car, one at work and a few at home.

I only have, like, 400, so I can't really comment, but there's one in arms reach 24/7.

• Like 1

I bought a 12-pack of super-cheap (~$3 each) headlamps.

Sometimes I forget they're on my head and people laugh at me.

Surefire 6p-led is what i carry daily and a photon keychain light in my edc

i also carry from time to time a streamlight strion but the battery life sucks.

i have several streamlight stingers and other surefires e2d and Gx-2 and a 9p-led rechargeable conversion next to my bed.

I've got one on each keyring, and 4 others in various pockets.  I typically only use 2 of them plus occasionally the keyring, but I had a couple pockets without stuff in them I wanted to fill up.

Nebo Redline

since the next logical question is about pens.....lets get it out of the way.

whenever I go to work, my left front pocket has a Case, Space Pen, and a Redline.

4FB5C7C0-07EB-43C0-9846-CAD538FD204E.thumb.jpeg.8cee1fbb0f1ee91b9023215be479bef7.jpeg

Since the late 1990s with Surefire 6P.  Around 2006 or so added a Malkoff LED head.  

Have Surefire 9Ps, G2s and G3s all with Malkoff LED conversions around house and in cars. 

Edited by PATCHMAN

Yes, a Streamlight with 2 CR123s.

way better for most of the things I'd use a light for, than the lights provided by my work.

Not often but once in a while I might have one on me. This is a Stream light I had in my pocket. I put reflective tape on mine so when I drop them they're easier to find with another light.

IMG_20190210_073704.jpg

• Like 3

Part of my EDC gear includes a flashlight and extra battery as well as a couple knives. Also included in the EDC lineup is either a Glock 40 or a .357 with extra ammo.  Retired LED. Old habits are hard to break.

We had a thread on this a little while back.  I carry one every day because it's clipped to my wallet:

IMG_20190210_193524324.thumb.jpg.009456df0ac85e79d864437de8c8d1d8.jpg

I've been experimenting with this Olight, that replaces the Steamlight Micro Stream I've carried for quite a while. It's brighter, but not necessarily better.

I have a couple bigger lights in each car, a couple at work, and, of course, my cell phone has a light one quick chopping motion away.

A Fenix E15is in my left pocket every single day.

10 hours ago, ede said:

Not often but once in a while I might have one on me. This is a Stream light I had in my pocket. I put reflective tape on mine so when I drop them they're easier to find with another light.

All of my most-used ones have reflective tape (use the GOOD stuff) wrapped around them.

You can walk through the pitch-black woods,  holding a bic lighter over your head,  like the Statue Of Liberty,  and probably find your flashlight.

Zebralight SC52 every day for the last 8 years.  Best AA light made in my opinion, the newer SC5 is even brighter. 

This is the only pic I could find that was safe to post of what I thought this thread topic said.

Fleshlight-Pink-Butt-Speed-Bump-For-Men-Male-*********ion-1.jpg

Over the last decade I have carried various surefire lights. I found the small Olight S1 Baton about 2 years ago and that is now my favorite, I carry that and a surefire 6px tactical daily but use the Olight 90% of the time. The magnet on the tail cap is very handy, just an all around a useful little light. I love the half lumen setting for doing paperwork in the dark, is just bright enough to see what I need and not blinding.

• Like 3