Anyone Carry A Flashlight?

MikeG36

At least 2, two is one, one is none and all that. Another in my murse.

oh yeah, I forgot, a little flashlight in my tool kit with an secret auto knife and a leartherman scissors carabiner clip.

Edited by NPTim
  • Thanks 1

We had a thread on this a little while back.  I carry one every day because it's clipped to my wallet:

IMG_20190210_193524324.thumb.jpg.009456df0ac85e79d864437de8c8d1d8.jpg

I've been experimenting with this Olight, that replaces the Steamlight Micro Stream I've carried for quite a while. It's brighter, but not necessarily better.

I have a couple bigger lights in each car, a couple at work, and, of course, my cell phone has a light one quick chopping motion away.

10 hours ago, ede said:

Not often but once in a while I might have one on me. This is a Stream light I had in my pocket. I put reflective tape on mine so when I drop them they're easier to find with another light.

All of my most-used ones have reflective tape (use the GOOD stuff) wrapped around them.

You can walk through the pitch-black woods,  holding a bic lighter over your head,  like the Statue Of Liberty,  and probably find your flashlight.

Over the last decade I have carried various surefire lights. I found the small Olight S1 Baton about 2 years ago and that is now my favorite, I carry that and a surefire 6px tactical daily but use the Olight 90% of the time. The magnet on the tail cap is very handy, just an all around a useful little light. I love the half lumen setting for doing paperwork in the dark, is just bright enough to see what I need and not blinding.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:00 AM, Mike said:

Over the last decade I have carried various surefire lights. I found the small Olight S1 Baton about 2 years ago and that is now my favorite, 

I have a couple of those and they are pretty awesome little lights, one of them is the limited copper ones.  Sadly all the protected 16340 batteries suck big time so a Zebralight that puts out similar lumens with a AA makes much more sense for me.  I have a bunch of Eneloop and Recyko rechargeables. after eight years I don't think I've had to throw out a single one of them.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:39 PM, NPTim said:

At least 2, two is one, one is none and all that. Another in my murse.

oh yeah, I forgot, a little flashlight in my tool kit with an secret auto knife and a leartherman scissors carabiner clip.

Aye. I carry one at work. Also have one in my truck, on my nightstand, and in the living room.

Tim, you talk about a manbag. I'll probably carry a Denali case when I get into practice. Trying to figure out what medical and uh, survival kit to carry on my person. I guess it depends on what I wear at work. Scrubs are harder to conceal in than a labcoat and khakis.

• Like 1