Still no reloading forum?

njl

Most of the stuff I read on reloading forums is truly terrifying from a liability perspective. IMHO, too many people go out and try and violate SAAMI spec. so they can have bragging rights about some load they chronographed.  They act like things such as primers popping out and cases rupturing are a normal part of "pushing the envelope."

If the line of conversation regards accuracy or feeding reliability, I'm okay with it.  But threads with titles about nuclear loads are not constructive.

My 2 cents.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

Updated: I got rid of the reloading forum I added earlier, because I had a better idea.

I set us up a reloading club. This gives us a reloading area that can have one or more forums, its own photo gallery, its own calendar (For shooting event dates) and its own blog area. This move greatly expands the capabilities of the reloading area. I was still able to link to it as if it were just a forum though. You can get to it by clicking on the 'Clubs' icon above, or you can go down the forum index to the top of the Tactics, Training & Gear forum category. There is a The Reloading Bench link at the top. This link takes you to the front of the reloading club area. This is a pretty slick system. Here is a direct link, if you want to check it out, but you are too lazy to do some scrolling.:crylikeender:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Updated: I got rid of the reloading forum I added earlier, because I had a better idea.

I set us up a reloading club. This gives us a reloading area that can have one or more forums, its own photo gallery, its own calendar (For shooting event dates) and its own blog area. This move greatly expands the capabilities of the reloading area. I was still able to link to it as if it were just a forum though. You can get to it by clicking on the 'Clubs' icon above, or you can go down the forum index to the top of the Tactics, Training & Gear forum category. There is a The Reloading Bench link at the top. This link takes you to the front of the reloading club area. This is a pretty slick system. Here is a direct link, if you want to check it out, but you are too lazy to do some scrolling.:crylikeender:

Cool! Thank you, sir. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I was looking into this club several times and this "Home" overview feels overwhelming. Much like these endless website that cramp everything on one page and just keep loading more content at the end of the page.

This is just some feedback from me, but this forum is currently not very frequented, let alone the reloading section.

Eric, could you put the "General Discussions" view of this club (or even for all clubs) on default instead of this "Home" view? I think a lot of people get confused when they see the "Home" of the club, because that structure is totally unusual compare to forums. It entails everything from who signed up to separate posts in separate threads, very hard to keep track on this page. Its just overloaded and might very well turn people away because they don't know what's going on.

Edited by crockett

• 1 month later...