The walking dead season 9, mid-season return this Sunday - no spoilers

TBO

9 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Did anybody see this weeks episode of Fear the Walking Dead.  It had a beautiful old west backdrop and the series pistolero John Dorie had to blast his way down main street with a black powder Walker Colt and a double barrel shotgun.  All weapons utilized were period specific and very cool old school hardware.  Easily my favorite scene of the series. 

I enjoyed the episode. It was a nice little homage to Westerns. :) As with you, I liked the attention to period details with the hardware. The puffs of smoke coming out of the Colt was a nice touch.

FTWD has improved by leaps and bounds since the early seasons, with the addition of the two new writers and the revamped cast. ?

3 hours ago, Jframe said:

I enjoyed the episode. It was a nice little homage to Westerns. :) As with you, I liked the attention to period details with the hardware. The puffs of smoke coming out of the Colt was a nice touch.

FTWD has improved by leaps and bounds since the early seasons, with the addition of the two new writers and the revamped cast. ?

All we need is for Negan to appear and try and make amends for past sins (NOT).

28 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

All we need is for Negan to appear and try and make amends for past sins (NOT).

LOL ?

Between Morgan and Dwight, I think we're full up with TWD crossover characters -- at least, for now... ?

As long as we're talking TWD stuff... It's interesting that they won't be airing another "The Talking Dead" until (from what I hear) FTWD's mid-season hiatus. I wonder what's up with that? ?

3 minutes ago, Jframe said:

LOL ?

Between Morgan and Dwight, I think we're full up with TWD crossover characters -- at least, for now... ?

As long as we're talking TWD stuff... It's interesting that they won't be airing another "The Talking Dead" until (from what I hear) FTWD's mid-season hiatus. I wonder what's up with that? ?

I noticed The Talking Dead disappeared a couple of weeks ago.  I like the show and have my fingers crossed that it will be back. 

5 hours ago, minervadoe said:

I noticed The Talking Dead disappeared a couple of weeks ago.  I like the show and have my fingers crossed that it will be back. 

I like it a lot also. Chris Hardwick does an amazing job juggling the guests and the conversation.

I don't know what's going on with the show, but the online scuttlebutt is that it will return for the mid-season finale of FTWD.

I dunno... Maybe Chris needed to take time off for personal matters, and they couldn't nail down a suitable replacement host...? 

2 hours ago, Jframe said:

I like it a lot also. Chris Hardwick does an amazing job juggling the guests and the conversation.

I don't know what's going on with the show, but the online scuttlebutt is that it will return for the mid-season finale of FTWD.

I dunno... Maybe Chris needed to take time off for personal matters, and they couldn't nail down a suitable replacement host...? 

The man's preparation and energy are exemplary.  I place him among my favorite interviewers (above Dick Cavett and David Frost). 

AMC's Sunday night program is pretty full with Nos4Atu.  I would think the Talking Dead suffers from having to wait an hour to go on after FTWD.  It probably hurts ratings too. 

2 hours ago, minervadoe said:

The man's preparation and energy are exemplary.  I place him among my favorite interviewers (above Dick Cavett and David Frost). 

AMC's Sunday night program is pretty full with Nos4Atu.  I would think the Talking Dead suffers from having to wait an hour to go on after FTWD.  It probably hurts ratings too. 

Yep... ? Hardwick definitely brings his "A" game to every airing... He's amazingly quick and perceptive. I think the only guest who ever dragged TTD down (and Hardwick was powerless to nudge, energy-wise) was Gene Simmons.

My wife and I gave Nos4Atu an episode and a half, and just couldn't get into it (either the characters or the premise). Never read the book by Stephen King's son either.

34 minutes ago, Jframe said:

My wife and I gave Nos4Atu an episode and a half, and just couldn't get into it (either the characters or the premise). Never read the book by Stephen King's son either.

I'm probably going to spend another hour a week reloading rather than watch Nos4Atu again (famous last words).  I really liked Ashleigh Cummings in Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries though.  I'm still waiting for her accent to slip, but I don't think that's going to happen. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1988386/

8 hours ago, minervadoe said:

I'm probably going to spend another hour a week reloading rather than watch Nos4Atu again (famous last words).  I really liked Ashleigh Cummings in Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries though.  I'm still waiting for her accent to slip, but I don't think that's going to happen. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1988386/

It's astonishing how many Brits (and Aussies) are the headliners in all these American-made TV shows...! ?

Some occasionally let their accents slip... Or say a term not typically used by Americans... Like, fr'instance, saying, "yeah?" at the end of a sentence, whereas an American would likely say, "okay?" Any time I hear that "yeah?", I IMDB the actor to see if s/he's a Brit... ?

But some of them are absolute chameleons, and slip in-and-out of various nationalities without missing a beat. Jodie Comer, Claire Foy, Freddie Highmore, and Harry Treadaway come immediately to mind. At the moment, Comer probably takes the cake. Her gift for accents in "Killing Eve" is PHENOMENAL... ?