The walking dead season 9, mid-season return this Sunday - no spoilers

TBO

And they showed Rick shooting the bridge and blowing up....

but they never showed his bloated body tangled up in the tree roots...

or him dragging his exploded-self out of the river,  ten miles downstream.

Even though the actor quit the show.  He might have just gone to live with the helicopter people.  And have soft-serve ice cream and Bennigans every night.

lol.  Rick really did go with the helicopter people.  I guess I missed that tidbit.  I should have been a screenplay writer.

And I'm actually watching this time,  so I'll see Negan escape.

How much you want to bet that he goes directly to the hill and gets Lucille?  And he cries when he finds it.  Remember, I should have been a writer.

• Like 1

So,  Rick goes off in the helicopter and they instantly jump to Judith being, like, ten years old?

That's sloppy writing right there.

Maybe they put Rick in a hamster wheel and make him generate electricity for 20 hours at a time.  The walkers could do that,  but it's more fun if you make Rick do it.

7 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

And she's so muscular that she makes it look like a .357 has no recoil,  and  she can double-action it and blow Negan off his bike with just the shock-wave!  Judith rocks! 

I have been paying particular attention to looking for muzzle flip in every movie/scene where someone is shooting a gun.  I haven't seen any. 

When (and if) the gun moves, it seems it has no relation ship to the muzzle blast, just afterwards, to make it look good.  Otherwise male or female, the muzzle is rock stable. 

I have been paying particular attention to looking for muzzle flip in every movie/scene where someone is shooting a gun.  I haven't seen any. 
When (and if) the gun moves, it seems it has no relation ship to the muzzle blast, just afterwards, to make it look good.  Otherwise male or female, the muzzle is rock stable. 
In all fairness, it's just a .357 Magnum. This round is known for its tame demeanor and lack of recoil. I've read that 7:10 children prefer it to 9mm or .38 Special.
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Frank_Drebin said:
1 hour ago, janice6 said:

In all fairness, it's just a .357 Magnum. This round is known for its tame demeanor and lack of recoil. I've read that 7:10 children prefer it to 9mm or .38 Special.

I know.  that's why I have a 4" and a 2", for their "tame demeanor".  B|

I gotta say, the little girl who plays Judith is an amazing actress. She delivers her lines with the aplomb of any veteran actor (and better than most!). If they continue, her interactions with Negan promise to be among the most entertaining parts of the show.

The girl Whisperer who was captured does a pretty decent acting turn also.

The actress who plays the Japanese-American woman (Yumiko)... I know not everyone on a show can be hawt, but geez -- did they have to find somebody who looks like the granddaughter of Rondo Hatton??? (I'll leave it to you folks who aren't old movie buffs to figure out who that is... :) ) 

19 hours ago, Jframe said:

I gotta say, the little girl who plays Judith is an amazing actress. She delivers her lines with the aplomb of any veteran actor (and better than most!). If they continue, her interactions with Negan promise to be among the most entertaining parts of the show.

The girl Whisperer who was captured does a pretty decent acting turn also.

The actress who plays the Japanese-American woman (Yumiko)... I know not everyone on a show can be hawt, but geez -- did they have to find somebody who looks like the granddaughter of Rondo Hatton??? (I'll leave it to you folks who aren't old movie buffs to figure out who that is... :) ) 

I watched the Talking Dead and they all gave Judith accolades for her acting.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan even said he tried to warm her up to him with a gift, but she more or less stayed in character and rebuffed him.  Funny guy.

Rondo Hatton   https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0369061/

rondo-award.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I watched the Talking Dead and they all gave Judith accolades for her acting.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan even said he tried to warm her up to him with a gift, but she more or less stayed in character and rebuffed him.  Funny guy.

Rondo Hatton   https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0369061/

rondo-award.png

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has become one of my favorite guests on TTD -- very affable, articulate, and quick-witted. ? Another of my favorites is show producer Gale Ann Hurd. She always manages to bring some cool insights into the making of the show, either writing-wise or in terms of the physical production. New producer Angela Kang talks WAAAAYYYYYYYYY too much, and in the process probably gives away spoilers she's not supposed to be signaling. ?

...I trust I wasn't exaggerating too much with the Rondo Hatton comparison... ? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Did anybody see this weeks episode of Fear the Walking Dead.  It had a beautiful old west backdrop and the series pistolero John Dorie had to blast his way down main street with a black powder Walker Colt and a double barrel shotgun.  All weapons utilized were period specific and very cool old school hardware.  Easily my favorite scene of the series.