What do you do inside on a rainy day?

james bay area

So its raining here in my section of California.. rain..? yes..

I am going to clean my guns to get some quiet time to myself, and then have a wrestling match with all my kids before we make dinner and watch a movie....

Got me to thinking- What do other people like to do when it is bad weather and you need to stay inside?

• Like 1

Well I stayed 2 hours and 15 minutes of OT after my regular shift to make sure that a generator was hooked up and tested good so the contractor running the heat stress machines would be up and running on Sunday when they start the heat stress. I generally like my job but working in the rain from time to time is part of it. When I retire in a few years I sure as heck will try to stay in on rainy crappy days like today.

Usually it means I spend the day cleaning up all the muddy dog tracks and tail marks all over the house (there is no grass in the yard - it didn't get seeded in time - so it is a foot deep in mud).  Then I get annoyed with that and I go hide in the basement and quilt, or tune up a sewing machine, or reorganize the disaster down there (when we moved in Sept, everything that didn't have a home upstairs got tossed in a box in the basement).

Today, it is sunny.  I'm going to be doing all the same things anyway, because dog hair (they are shedding) instead of mud.  After the cleaning part is done, it will be a nice day, because the other thing I'm doin in the basement is setting up the little basement greenhouse for starting my seeds.  It's funny how playing in the dirt is always more fun than cleaning it up...

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, Duluth said:

I'd kill for a rainy day. It's -9f here. We had a snow storm yesterday.

It's supposed to rain here later this week.

Only problem is, it's been in the teens the past few nights, there's already 6 inches of snow, another 4-15 inches in the forecast, then the rain is supposed to be freezing rain.  It's going to be an ugly week here in Western Washington.

On the plus side fewer idiots on the road now, most of them have already had their cars towed to repair shops by now.

• Like 1