The Justice Democrats helped get Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez elected. Who are they after next?

pipedreams

Long but interesting article on who is behind this chick.
Remember that name.

"“I am talking about the radical conservatives in the Democratic Party,” said Saikat Chakrabarti. “That’s who we need to counter. It’s the same across any number of issues—pay-as-you-go, free college, “Medicare for all.” These are all enormously popular in the party, but they don’t pass because of the radical conservatives who are holding the party hostage.”

Not long ago, this would have been an outlier position even among American liberals. Today, it’s the organizing principle of a newly empowered segment of the Democratic Party, one with a foothold in the new Congress.

Chakrabarti is chief of staff to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the closest thing to a new celebrity Congress has had in years—a 29-year-old former activist and bartender who, on the most recent Martin Luther King Day, sat on the same New York stage as the rapper Common, Black Panther director Ryan Coogler and MacArthur “genius award” winner Ta-Nehisi Coates."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/02/04/the-insurgents-behind-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-224542

8 hours ago, Spork said:

It is hard to imagine that anyone could have graduated college economics degree and literally come out devoid of any knowledge of how the world works, let alone how to balance the books.  

It's not hard to imagine at all. I'm guessing that she was an airhead in college, given that she was working as a bartender despite having a degree from one of the more prestigious universities in America, but she's Hispanic, and these days identity politics trumps everything in the academic world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cortez reminds me of Obama.  They both can string together relatively articulate sentences that present unsubstantiated rhetoric as fact.  On first pass, the unwashed masses may think that they are righteous people with amazing intellects, but once you analyze the tripe that they just espoused, you realize that it is illogical and nonfactual.   When I realized that both are graduates of prestigious ivy league schools, but seem barely qualified to read the news from a teleprompter, I'm left wondering about the quality of education at these institutions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I suspect we are hearing from our Somali contingent imported at great cost, and a continuing cost.

Yes, but the death to Jews thing doesn't play well from people in power.  You might recall after the Israeli State was established.  People of her attitude, disappeared.

• Like 1