My Brother MUST Resign

Using the premise that anyone who ever put on 'blackface' must resign or never hold office, I suggest my brother should also. You see as children my brother always played the part of a Cowboy. He is in fact Indian. If it is wrong for a white person, or even a Hispanic, to wear blackface, it's just as wrong for my brother to play the part of a white person. Suppose a black person wanted to dress up as Howdy Doody, or Casper? I think this blackface persecution is way over the top. (no matter the political party) Prove me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think it is more virtue signaling bullshit.  "look at me look how righteous I am."

Obama got elected even though he studied under Saul alinsky and did a bunch of other commie crap when he was young, of course he is a communist.

I think people need to quit getting so wound up about race, it is really pathetic.  If he was a KKK member or showed signs a being a real racist maybe it would matter.  Even then if he is not being racist now, no problem.  The real problem is he is a baby killer and a moron and the dems do not want that to carry that load.

These SJW are really stupid because they are making it pointless for people to change.  If "once a racist, always a racist" I guess I might as well be a racist.  I knew a guy in college, with a swastika tattoo, looked like your typical skinhead and at one time he was but now he was totally against it.  I seem to recall him talking to the class about it for some reason. 

I had a link on my start page for an esquire article - if you want to get pissed go there and read anything.  My a bunch of misguided nitwits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Using the premise that anyone who ever put on 'blackface' must resign or never hold office, I suggest my brother should also. You see as children my brother always played the part of a Cowboy. He is in fact Indian. If it is wrong for a white person, or even a Hispanic, to wear blackface, it's just as wrong for my brother to play the part of a white person. Suppose a black person wanted to dress up as Howdy Doody, or Casper? I think this blackface persecution is way over the top. (no matter the political party) Prove me wrong.

I watched a movie where all the cast was Black.  "Stormy Weather".  In the movie some Black actors put on Black-Face to do a skit.  What do you do about Blacks that use Black Face.

Maybe you just ignore it and move on to important things.

• Like 1

it's not wrong ,  this generation just wants something to bitch about ,  im 50  and i stay on the farm  and home body mostly ,  since retiring i order more and more delivered to home  because  everywhere you go where crowds are or group of people  they all are bitching about something ,  me and wife joke when we go out to eat we are always put near a table of loud mouths  and end up moving to different booth lol

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Many cowboys in the old West were Black.

Yep, left over from the Buffalo Solders.

Gen. Pershing commanded a troop of the 10th Cavalry for a time.  That is where he got his nickname of " Black Jack "; though that was not the original nickname. It was cleaned up later by the press to Black Jack.

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, Walt Longmire said:

It has happened, you might remember the movie, "White Chicks" where black men went white faced as women in drag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UHLAWPUP said:

Well, I’m confused about what to call myself and what jokes I can correctly tell.

I was brought up believing I was half Sicilian and a quarter each Irish and Alsatian.

Ancestry dot com says I’m 58% Eastern European Jew.

Oy!

You can stop on a dime and pick it up.

1 hour ago, tehan2 said:

In the cub scouts, sometime in the mid 70's, our pack sang "Mammy" in blackface. I was 8 or 9, and our pack leaders were husband and wife, she was black ...should I quit my job for being racist too? 

I avoid being racist by hating everyone.

• Haha 1

Ya know, I'm really getting tired of all this offensive crap. It was initially mainly from the left but has spread across the political spectrum. What someone did as a child or even in college is a foolish thing to hold a grudge about. Most college kids I was in school with still had no semblance of a brain including me.  I really don't care if someone doesn't like me or is offended by something I do or say.  Get over it!  It's a big country and we ALL need to start getting along if we are to survive.

If we did an in-depth investigation on everyone who is offended by someone else or brings ancient history charges against someone else we would likely find that all of us have purposely farted on someone else's pillow at one time or another. The word offended and it's derivatives needs to be stricken from the English language.

Edited by Citra47