states that looking to maybe legal pot in 2019

ASH

7 hours ago, willie-pete said:

Definitely Florida in 2020;

just what we need.

:ack2:

It might put Florida in the news less.  Perhaps if everyone is high, they'll be too busy trying to fight off the munchies to do any stupid crap that makes national news.

2 hours ago, Moshe said:

Not going to work for me.  Because I am pain medicine, I am subject to random urine tests.  I have never had a "street" drug in my life.

If it becomes decriminalized you may be able to use it without worrying about popping a test.

Now the federal ban is still an issue depending on your circumstances - that includes the 2A

Certain organizations (NCAA for instance) will still keep it illegal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

It might put Florida in the news less.  Perhaps if everyone is high, they'll be too busy trying to fight off the munchies to do any stupid crap that makes national news.

If it becomes decriminalized you may be able to use it without worrying about popping a test.

Now the federal ban is still an issue depending on your circumstances - that includes the 2A

Certain organizations (NCAA for instance) will still keep it illegal.

Unless the stupid crap was done after someone lit up a few too many.

:whistling:

4 hours ago, steve4102 said:

...and ALL users, either recreational or Medical, have given up their Second Amendment rights.

that is true , BUT  when you got a loved one  with major health issues   you might see it different ,   people and kids are helped by hemp based meds  and etc  where traditional meds do not work .. it is all case by case basis .  seeing a loved one suffer  one would make different choices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ASH said:

that is true , BUT  when you got a loved one  with major health issues   you might see it different ,   people and kids are helped by hemp based meds  and etc  where traditional meds do not work .. it is all case by case basis .  seeing a loved one suffer  one would make different choices.

I definitely think the feds should re-think how they classify marijuana and it's components, but I'm also not sure legalizing it for recreational use is the best idea.

Fentanyl is a legitimate pharmaceutical, and is way more dangerous when misused.  It's legal to prescribe, but marijuana derivatives aren't.

friend near me has a hemp farm ,   when i reitred from farming he wanted me to go into business with him but im enjoying my time  , he is making some really good money,  i will thou be renting him some land in near future,   google hemp   broadway ,nc    his website should pop up.  it one of the largest on east coast.  ive know him for 30 plus years , hemp farms are soon to be mainstream and not a niche market  if i was 30  i would start my own  but being retired at 50  ive done most all the work w will do lol  . its family and grandkids  now  who get my time,  i know on acre of land he is 5 figures  and  in the upper . 

2 hours ago, jk_226 said:

I definitely think the feds should re-think how they classify marijuana and it's components, but I'm also not sure legalizing it for recreational use is the best idea.

Fentanyl is a legitimate pharmaceutical, and is way more dangerous when misused.  It's legal to prescribe, but marijuana derivatives aren't.

yep

I never understood why low THC hemp was prohibited from cultivation.   It's an amazing fiber for textiles. 

One of the main issues with recreational marijuana is knowing where it comes from.  A lot of Mexican marijuana is used as a cash crop for holding up the production of narcotics, for example.  

Not really a problem for a guy with a plant in his basement.  He's not really the issue.

If you ever see a copy of the magazine High Times i imagine if those guys who grow those stunning plants were involved with food production no one would ever go hungry again.  World hunger would end.

Except for the guy in his basement with his own plant who just destroyed a bag of chips and four boxes of girl scout cookies.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2019 at 4:11 AM, PATCHMAN said:

How's Colorado doing?  

Quite well. Teen use is actually down, Tax revenues WAY up. Laws and restrictions very precise and seem very effective. People that smoked dope before, still smoke dope today. There hasn't been a YUGE increase of regular use..it's just out of the back alley now. 'Some' first time users but most of them don't really like it. PLUS, it really isn't cheap. Gross income of TacoBell has stayed consistent too. Peanut butter up a little.

The feds need to get their collective butt outta their arses. Weed instead of Rx pain killers is a YUGE benefit. Also real benefit for those with PTSD(former military)..Too much old 20th century thought out there..'demon weed' type crap. 

I don't use MJ, BTW...

For steve4102 above..how do ya feel about the Feds and gun control?? Living w/o pain not being addicted to something a quack doc prescribes is a basic 'right' also. 

Edited by usnret
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, usnret said:

For steve4102 above..how do ya feel about the Feds and gun control?? Living w/o pain not being addicted to something a quack doc prescribes is a basic 'right' also. 

Don't much care for any gun control legislation be it Federal, State or city.

That said, I do believe in abiding by the law, whether I agree with the law or not.

Everywhere we look we are seeing Democrats not only violating our laws, they are actually promoting lawlessness. Be it immigration and sanctuary cities and states, refusing to enforce Federal Drug laws, or illegally spying on American citizens.    

Don't like the laws, work to change them.

When there is conflict between a State law and a Federal law, the Federal; law is supreme. "Legalizing" pot on the State level gives the ignorant and the uninformed a false sense of security that they cannot be prosecuted for Drug laws and firearm laws.  There are numerous cases where pot growers an users were caught  up in the State vs Federal firearms/pot laws.  One instance was a grower in WA, he was robbed at gunpoint in his own home.  He managed to free himself, grab his carry guns and shoot the bad guys.  The state did not charge him with any crimes as he was the victim.  The Feds however did.  He was charged with Drug trafficking while in possession of a firearm.  He is now a convicted felon doing time.

Now, where were the State legislators and the Governor of WA, when this poor dumb ass was being carted off to prison?  Where were these politicians that indicated to this dumb ass that growing pot and carrying firearm was legal?  Answer, laughing their ass off as they just watched a gun owner loose his Second Amendment Rights, forever.   

Beware of Liberals bearing gifts!

• Like 1

Ahh, another 'it's the liberals, democrats'...more anti gun legislation was signed by Bush 2 than President Obama. Sanctuary cities nor problems with undocumented immigrants aren't new and more than a few GOP governors/Mayors have sanctuary cities. Any LEO organization that comes in contact with an undocumented person has NO requirement to tell ICE about it. THAT'S the Feds job.  IF LEO doesn't tell ICE about somebody, that doesn't make them a 'sanctuary city'. BTW-President Obama deported FAR more than Bush2 did. BTW again. Enforcing immigration laws is entirely in the purview of the Feds, not any state or local government. Saying that any mayor or governor 'promotes' lawlessness is GOP talking point number?? The GOP is ignorant about the immigration issue and the Dems aren't for open borders..maybe less time watching Faux news? You and djt. 

The Feds however did. 

Who was POTUS? The PRESENT DOJ, has adopted a hand's off policy toward state's MJ policy..Like it or don't..do you ever drive after having a beer after work? Breaking the law..Do you ever CCW somewhere it's not permitted? Breaking the law...