Paint the wall!

Ricordo

Because any excuse is as good as any other, there might be a compromise regarding the building of the wall, aka barrier, aka partition, aka rampart, aka fence, aka formation.

The fiercest opposition to it seems to come from those who favor open borders. What I'm proposing is to appease them by the use of an open-flow concept. House designers know it all too well. It creates a sense of spaciousness even though it might not really be there. By injecting a sense of comfort,  the  bright, airy, stylish spaces are multifunctional and fun. Both inviting and efficient. 

So paint the wall to imitate and reflect the landscape behind it. By a careful display of camouflage, the wall  will disappear and remove any objection of it being a divider. It's the best of both worlds.

Before my proposition gets knocked-down fleetingly, consider the following excerpt from a famous documentary. If it worked there, it will work anywhere. Paint the wall!

cj210.png&f=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It is with great personal satisfaction that anonymous sources have confirmed to me that the White House is giving serious consideration to my proposal.

Not only that, plans are presently underway for such a project and it has been named, most appropriately--- the   Trump-l'oeil Project.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

I suppose that the plan for the "mural" is an open flat land with stacks of money laying around everywhere.

It could be done in certain areas. http://archeologue.over-blog.com/article-6969508.html

However, to avoid the characterization of cruelty a big sign facing south should warn---No beban el agua del Rio Grande (Don't drink the Rio Grande waters).

• Haha 2

I was both humbled and honored by the get-together last night in El Paso.  The biggest banner there recognized my never-ending effort to improve optics for the good of the country.

The banner read----Finish The Wall.

To the trained eye (like moi), it was not a veiled effort at endorsing and giving a Trump-l'oeil finish to the wall.

If it was a window creating an illusion of space behind it, I'd fear that birds would smash into it.  So, should we worry that the same effect might be achieved with our friends south of the border?  It would be a shame if bus loads of people started showing up at the hospital with broken noses.

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

If it was a window creating an illusion of space behind it, I'd fear that birds would smash into it.  So, should we worry that the same effect might be achieved with our friends south of the border?  It would be a shame if bus loads of people started showing up at the hospital with broken noses.

The wonder of a Trump-l'oeil finish to the wall is that it can adapt to differing scenarios. All it takes is to configure the finish to migration routes and zones. 

Land-based animals? An aquarium-type finish with piranhas and sharks.

Birds? Predators like hawks, eagles, or even pterodactyls.

Humans...

sticker-mural-trompe-l-oeil-dinosaure.jp

• Like 1

And furthermore, because today's oils are long-lasting, upkeep will be minimal. Just a retouch here and there.

Like for example,  wiping off blood stains and bits and pieces of bones. Though depending on the location, it can add a bit of flair and whimsy.