Poll numbers

Dric902

Other polling nuggets

• The partial government shutdown that started Dec. 22 came to an end last week after Trump agreed to sign a bill funding the government for three weeks without the money he had requested for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. But while Trump is still hoping that Congress will fund his proposal, another shutdown remains unpopular. According to a Politico/Morning Consult poll, only 31 percent of voters said they would “strongly” or “somewhat” support another government shutdown over the wall funding. Fifty-nine percent of voters said they were “strongly” or “somewhat” opposed.
  • If Trump and congressional Democrats fail to come to a border security agreement in the next couple of weeks, 48 percent of Americans said in a Monmouth University poll that the parties should agree to fund the government through the end of the year without a deal. Twenty percent said they should shut down the government until a deal is reached, and 26 percent said they should extend the temporary funding and keep negotiating. Asked about the idea of Trump’s declaring a national emergency to build the wall, 64 percent of respondents said they disapproved, while 34 percent said they approved.
  • An AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs research poll found that 63 percent of Americans disapprove of how Trump has handled U.S. foreign policy while 35 percent approve. The poll also found that Americans were split on Trump’s decision to remove 2,000 U.S. troops from Syria — 39 percent of respondents said they approved, while 35 percent said they disapproved.
  • When asked about what types of issues would make them more or less likely to support a candidate in the 2020 presidential election, 57 percent of Democrats told Politico/Morning Consult said they would be “much more likely” or “somewhat more likely” to support a candidate who backs “Medicare-for-all” (“where all Americans would get their health insurance from the government”) over improving the Affordable Care Act.
  • In that same Politico/Morning Consult poll, Democrats were split on whether they supported more immigrants coming to the U.S. — 31 percent of respondents said they would be “much” or “somewhat” less likely to support a candidate with this stance, while another 31 percent said they would be “much” or “somewhat” morelikely to support such a candidate. Meanwhile, only 25 percent of Democratic voters said they would be “much” or “somewhat” more likely to back a candidate who supported abolishing the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
  • The Glengariff Group tested some hypothetical 2020 presidential matchups in Michigan, which Trump carried by just 0.2 points in 2016. The poll found potential Democratic nominees with more support than Trump: Joe Biden (53 percent to 40 percent), Kamala Harris (47 percent to 42 percent), Bernie Sanders (52 percent to 41 percent) and Elizabeth Warren (46 percent to 43 percent).
  • Quinnipiac University poll found that 70 percent of voters believe transgender people should be allowed to serve in the military and that 22 percent were opposed. Among Republicans, that divide was 40 percent to 50 percent; among Democrats, it was 94 percent to 3 percent. Trump has sought to ban transgender people from serving, although the policy remains hung up in the courts.

0B33289B-EE14-4B6B-8435-C26B1C2F7C3B.png.94f7cd83234ddd6d5e8f98f7fdbe91fc.png

I just hope it isn't a no winner election like last time.  The first time, I voted for no one, as both choices irritated me.  I don't want a radical liberal, and more of "I can't get anything done, but look how great I am."

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Ugly messengers still deliver messages.

ignore facts at your peril.

Do you really think that things are as bad as portrayed? Carve a notch for the MSM.

Peril? I don't make my living by/through politics. Besides that, try dealing with a bipolar mafioso. Everything feels like roses after that.

37 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Do you really think that things are as bad as portrayed? Carve a notch for the MSM.

Peril? I don't make my living by/through politics. Besides that, try dealing with a bipolar mafioso. Everything feels like roses after that.

I don’t mean personal peril :D

i mean like the fact that we make a lot of fun over somebody like AOC but for all the silliness, she has a following that is substantial on the left to the point when she passes gas they stick their noses up in the air and sniff. She has the rock start status of an Obama when he was starting. She doesn’t have to have brains (remember 57 states) she just has to be a good piece of clay for the handlers to mold.

we talk a lot of trash about Harris but she is the biggest threat we are facing. She is getting fawned over like Obama in a dress, anything is excusable (sound familiar)

Trumps ‘unlikeable’ rating is high, and he has a habit of alienating his base and expecting them to make excuses for him or spin everything as genius. That will leave him with a hardcore base but not much else.

thats why the left is so mad at Schultz, the margin may be really thin and they don’t want him to endanger it.

we can Rah Rah Trump and MAGAMGA ourselves into a Bush 41 style loss if we underestimate them.

52 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

i mean like the fact that we make a lot of fun over... them.

I'll be the first one to admit that AOC is a hoot. Thing is, my circle of Democrat family members don't give her much credit. The term "numbskull" is frequently referred to. Btw, I am surrounded by Democrats.

Harris, Booker, Warren and their likes are also pretty much non-issues. Biden might be a challenge.

So what I'll do is ask a friend, Kupta the time traveller, to give me some insight as to 2020. He's somewhere in the 20th century right now but next time I see him I'll call in a favor. 

Btw, election night 2016 I went to bed rather early. Pretty confident. Later that night my wife came to bed...crying. It woke me up. That's when I knew Trump won.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Dric902 said:

I don’t mean personal peril :D

i mean like the fact that we make a lot of fun over somebody like AOC but for all the silliness, she has a following that is substantial on the left to the point when she passes gas they stick their noses up in the air and sniff. She has the rock start status of an Obama when he was starting. She doesn’t have to have brains (remember 57 states) she just has to be a good piece of clay for the handlers to mold.

we talk a lot of trash about Harris but she is the biggest threat we are facing. She is getting fawned over like Obama in a dress, anything is excusable (sound familiar)

Trumps ‘unlikeable’ rating is high, and he has a habit of alienating his base and expecting them to make excuses for him or spin everything as genius. That will leave him with a hardcore base but not much else.

thats why the left is so mad at Schultz, the margin may be really thin and they don’t want him to endanger it.

we can Rah Rah Trump and MAGAMGA ourselves into a Bush 41 style loss if we underestimate them.

I think Harris and the Hawaiian senator are too far left on certain issues to make it through the primary.  I think.  

AOC is a threat and yet she is an ally.  Lots of the left think she's nuts.  And she does have slice-your-penis-off eyes:

crazy+eyes+AOC.jpg

......BUT.......

Some of the left really likes her as you state.  And it is causing a rift because much of the "old guard" and the moderate Democrats hate her.

Not sure how much AOC has to do with this but the Democrats are seeing the same thing the Republicans saw in 2016.  They hate Trump.  They hate him hate him hate him!  And sound much like a toddler when they say it but regardless......

So many are throwing their panties in the ring that they will have an absolute mess by the time the election rolls around.  So far we have:

Harris (maybe she can **** her way to the Presidency like she did her first political job)

Booker

Castro (really?)

Delaney

Gabbard (who's kinda hot BTW)

Warren (will likely run)

Possibly Bernie

Probably Hillary

Probably Beta O'Rorke

Possibly Kirsten Gillibrand

Schultz (who could go as an independent as well)

.....and a bunch of nobodies.  14 total between declared and investigating, not counting Beta.

And this is almost 2 years out.  How that tracks vs the 2016 Republican nomination I'm not sure but it sure seems like a lot of candidates.

Meanwhile the Republicans have (not surprisingly) a few candidates but none have yet declared aside from Trump.

This could get entertaining.  If the dems do the royal screw-job on a candidate like they did Bernie they could fracture the base completely.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Don’t forget Biden

nothing he can say lowers his numbers with the left, they love him no matter what.

Republicans can make fun of him right up until he wins

Biden has shown little interest so far as far as I know, but he would probably be a frontrunner.

But then the AOC faction would see him as an "old white guy" and probably not vote for him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, SC Tiger said:

I think Harris and the Hawaiian senator are too far left on certain issues to make it through the primary.  I think.  

AOC is a threat and yet she is an ally.  Lots of the left think she's nuts.  And she does have slice-your-penis-off eyes:

crazy+eyes+AOC.jpg

......BUT.......

Some of the left really likes her as you state.  And it is causing a rift because much of the "old guard" and the moderate Democrats hate her.

Not sure how much AOC has to do with this but the Democrats are seeing the same thing the Republicans saw in 2016.  They hate Trump.  They hate him hate him hate him!  And sound much like a toddler when they say it but regardless......

So many are throwing their panties in the ring that they will have an absolute mess by the time the election rolls around.  So far we have:

Harris (maybe she can **** her way to the Presidency like she did her first political job)

Booker

Castro (really?)

Delaney

Gabbard (who's kinda hot BTW)

Warren (will likely run)

Possibly Bernie

Probably Hillary

Probably Beta O'Rorke

Possibly Kirsten Gillibrand

Schultz (who could go as an independent as well)

.....and a bunch of nobodies.  14 total between declared and investigating, not counting Beta.

And this is almost 2 years out.  How that tracks vs the 2016 Republican nomination I'm not sure but it sure seems like a lot of candidates.

Meanwhile the Republicans have (not surprisingly) a few candidates but none have yet declared aside from Trump.

This could get entertaining.  If the dems do the royal screw-job on a candidate like they did Bernie they could fracture the base completely.

Bernie and Amy Klobuchar have now announced.  And most of them are scared of the "Moderate" label.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/2020-dems-cringe-at-being-labeled-less-than-liberal

Let the shitshow commence.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Haha 1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ricordo said:

"The preceding poll was brought to you courtesy of The United Democratic Poll Workers of America. Making true predictions since 2016.

You are special.

You are strong.

You are brave.

Hillary still loves you."

9362810-6664845-image-a-3_1549270689230.

You are a banana?

• Haha 1