HS 2000 Pawn Shop Find

Eric

• Administrators

I was at a pawn shop today and found an HS 2000 9mm for $200. The pistol is in great shape. Right beside the HS 2000 was a Springfield XD 9mm that was virtually identical, except for its markings. They were asking $499 for it. I pointed out to the clerk that they were the same pistol and was greeted with polite incredulity. They had had the HS 2000 on display since last April and had originally started it for $300. I was happy enough to pick it up for $200. You can never have too many inexpensive 9mm autos lying around.

IMG_4466.thumb.jpg.b3c3c45915d693b2a555a4adcfe6fbdc.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Eric said:

I was at a pawn shop today and found an HS 2000 9mm for $200. The pistol is in great shape. Right beside the HS 2000 was a Springfield XD 9mm that was virtually identical, except for its markings. They were asking $499 for it. I pointed out to the clerk that they were the same pistol and was greeted with polite incredulity. They had had the HS 2000 on display since last April and had originally started it for $300. I was happy enough to pick it up for $200. You can never have too many inexpensive 9mm autos lying around.

Oh, hell yeah! Nice score. tom.            :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup: ?

Edited by deputy tom

18 hours ago, Eric said:

Was gonna say that if you didn't buy it, you should have.

Most people have no idea what that pistol even is.

• Like 2

Nice find. I don't think I've ever seen the original version in the wild. I am a fan of the current production guns. Specifically the large frame versions. They managed to pack the magazine capacity of the big Glocks into a frame the size of the 9/40 framed G-brand. The original HS2000 looks pretty close to identical to the first XD models. The only thing that "looks" different is that Springfield had them add the Black Melonite finish when they took over sales here. From what I have read, the HS series was a little more prone to corrosion than the newer ones.

For $200, that thing was well worth the purchase.

14 minutes ago, TeaDub said:

Nice find. I don't think I've ever seen the original version in the wild. I am a fan of the current production guns. Specifically the large frame versions. They managed to pack the magazine capacity of the big Glocks into a frame the size of the 9/40 framed G-brand. The original HS2000 looks pretty close to identical to the first XD models. The only thing that "looks" different is that Springfield had them add the Black Melonite finish when they took over sales here. From what I have read, the HS series was a little more prone to corrosion than the newer ones.

For $200, that thing was well worth the purchase.

They added a rail when they became the xd9. And 200 is a steal.

17 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Is it manufactured in Croatia under license from Springfield, or something?

As far as I know all the XDs are still made in Croatia.  I bought one of the HS 2000s in a GT group but that Leigh? funded about 15 or more years ago.  Like an idiot I let it go several years later, I made money on but it still hurts.  I think I paid like $249 and shipping might have been included.  Eric if you ever want to make a little money on your purchase send me a PM please.   :cry:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 5:24 PM, Silentpoet said:

They added a rail when they became the xd9. And 200 is a steal.

I believe some of later variants came with a rail just prior to changing the name to "XD". It does look like '99 was the first year of the model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS2000

When I first heard they were made in Croatia, I pictured them being made in a barn or some such. I found this video that gives a glimpse inside their factory. The video is in Croatian but if you skip to about the 1:20 mark, you see they are actually pretty automated. Pretty good stuff.

Edited by TeaDub

19 hours ago, Steelharp said:

Tried a Canik yet? Awesome.

Saw one of those used by a company-sponsored shooter in a Massad Ayoob MAG-40 class. That lady was quite a shooter and a looker, too - placed second on the record shoot, dropped 6 points. She had that pistol and her technique totally dialed-in.