My High School

8 hours ago, Jammersix said:

Next time someone asks me why BLM, I'll point them to this thread. Sort of like making a liberal by taking someone to church.

Let me take you to "church".  What do I do when someone messes with me for being handicapped?  I make a complaint to the ADA.  When it is clearly Anti-Semitic I contact the Anti-Defimination League.  They are very vigilant and open a case file.  There are all kinds of real channels that deal with real abuses.   Destroying yourself and your community is only harming it.  Sometimes things go sideways, but sideways doesn't mean destroying everything around you and then complaining it is destroyed.  I had an SO last week treat me like crap.  But, I found out why.  Because, he had a stake in what was going on, and my wife had made a complaint about someone running 50 miles per hour up and down the road where children were.  It was his kid.  Here they don't play fair, they play favorites.  But, their are entities far above them that regulate behavior and keep them in line.  Patience is more potent than instant reaction.  BLM should read Sun Zu.  Perhaps something could be learned?  Expressing frustration and actual, factual events is a great place to vent.  Venting helps.  Self-Destruction solves nothing.

7 hours ago, Moshe said:

Let me take you to "church".  What do I do when someone messes with me for being handicapped?  I make a complaint to the ADA.  When it is clearly Anti-Semitic I contact the Anti-Defimination League.  They are very vigilant and open a case file.  There are all kinds of real channels that deal with real abuses.   Destroying yourself and your community is only harming it.  Sometimes things go sideways, but sideways doesn't mean destroying everything around you and then complaining it is destroyed.  I had an SO last week treat me like crap.  But, I found out why.  Because, he had a stake in what was going on, and my wife had made a complaint about someone running 50 miles per hour up and down the road where children were.  It was his kid.  Here they don't play fair, they play favorites.  But, their are entities far above them that regulate behavior and keep them in line.  Patience is more potent than instant reaction.  BLM should read Sun Zu.  Perhaps something could be learned?  Expressing frustration and actual, factual events is a great place to vent.  Venting helps.  Self-Destruction solves nothing.

Problem is, they don't want a solution.  

As soon as someone comes up with a solution, then they have to accept the reality is that their life is crappy because they make their life crappy, and that they would rather whine and bitch about it rather than do something themself to fix it.  It's much easier to blame someone else for everything wrong in your life than it is to go out and fix it.

• Like 2