I biffed my head again today

ARP

I had a grade 2 concussion a year ago. Kinda put me on the shelf as in symptoms, unable to do any activity that raised hr, sensitive to light, felt the flu like symptoms, spacey/foggy existance. Was a good 6 months recovering or until symptoms stopped.

I biffed the back of my head today, had a sort of shock wave sensation roll thru my head immediately after the hit. Had a bit of a headache and now feel a bit dizzy.  I hope this one is not what the last one was. It took a few days to really set in, guess I'll know more in the morning how I feel.

I have read that age, number of episodes, frequency etc makes it more likely or easier to get another.

• Sad 2

Hit the back of my head on the underside of a luggage bay door as I was standing up after loading a piece of luggage. I have never had one diagnosed, what I am understanding is it is not so much the force with which you are struck but the location on your head. The last one was to the rear of the temple, hit a low hanging bus mirror in the dark.

I recall getting dinged when playing little league football, helmet to helmet temple shot, about 6 years later punched in the temple in a fight, and then a bunch of minor hits along the way. No one ever took that stuff serious until that movie came out.

Go to the ER now. You have a history of brain injury/damage. I’ve been hit on occasions for different reasons)fights, sports,motorcycle accidents). You do not want the end results of what could happen. Get it looked at ASAP. I do not want to worry you, but don’t mess with this kind of injury. Especially if you are on blood thinners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I got biffed playing high school hockey (i'm the skinny kid. fast. instigator. but, occasionally, it'd catch up to you).  I finished the shift, exhausted,  went to the bench,  swilled delicious barf-water from the bottle,  and noticed...............

I was on the other team's bench.  Sitting in the middle.  They were laughing their asses off.

Had to wait for a whistle.  Went to our bench.  They were laughing their asses off.

The coach didn't recommend anything.  Mom decided the hospital because I was whacked.

They said, "Yes. Concussion.  Don't let him fall asleep."

So I got a lot of Pepsi and watched monster movies on WQED all night.

And Mom made me go to school the next day.

Where I probably fell asleep.

• Haha 1

I had a grade 2 concussion a year ago. Kinda put me on the shelf as in symptoms, unable to do any activity that raised hr, sensitive to light, felt the flu like symptoms, spacey/foggy existance. Was a good 6 months recovering or until symptoms stopped.
I biffed the back of my head today, had a sort of shock wave sensation roll thru my head immediately after the hit. Had a bit of a headache and now feel a bit dizzy.  I hope this one is not what the last one was. It took a few days to really set in, guess I'll know more in the morning how I feel.
I have read that age, number of episodes, frequency etc makes it more likely or easier to get another.

You ok buddy? Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, ARP said:

I would seek medical attention as soon as possible to avoid a brain bleed or a stroke.  An MRI would seem to be in order. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ARP said:

Get thee to a hospital...eeee.

Well that attempted rhyme stunk, but nevertheless get your butt to a doctor.  And bring the rest of you with it.

Edited by SC Tiger

I had some sensory agitation (light and sound), headache subsided, the spot that I hit has no soreness. I'm off work for a few days where I can do what is best, rest my brain. 

Thanks all for your concern. The one last year, I could not recall if it was 1 or 2 years ago. I worked with someone last week who was with me the day I got that one. Only way I would have known. I found a password written on a piece of paper in my phone case, no idea what it belonged to, checked my gmail account it indicated I changed my password in May, no recall of that. So I did have some memory loss as the first few months of last year are sort of blank. I will enjoy my rest this week and gauge how bad this is as that is all I can do.

Reported my injury this morning. I was still having symptoms, did not see any reason to not report it. Light sensitivity and ringing/tinitus are the most pronounced symptoms. Low grade headache. Ibuprofen helps. Don't over do it. And some foggy mentally feeling. Off 2 more days, getting good rest and chicken noodle soup.

Take care  of yourself, amigo.

Don't make us have to 'splain all of the inside jokes here to you.

Get evaluated.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Ooops.

Forgot to add again.

Don't make us have to 'splain all of the inside jokes here to you, again.

I'm old.  I don't need to bump my head to forget stuff.

:biggrin:

Edited by tous
  • Like 2

I'm still with symptoms. Post concussion syndrome, I has this. Natural bright light or artificial bright light is very annoying and brings on a headache. I have tinnitus going on too. Slight headache. But I am sleeping well and that is very important in healing of a brain injury. Heal time might be weeks to months, no real time table. At times feel a little spacey, but not confused.

4 hours ago, ARP said:

I'm still with symptoms. Post concussion syndrome, I has this. Natural bright light or artificial bright light is very annoying and brings on a headache. I have tinnitus going on too. Slight headache. But I am sleeping well and that is very important in healing of a brain injury. Heal time might be weeks to months, no real time table. At times feel a little spacey, but not confused.

Take good care. Head injuries are nothing to take a chance on. Godspeed.

I think I have turned a corner. Yesterday the only constant was a feeling of fatigue, no headaches, the medicine head feeling subsided. Still have the pronounced tinnitus, so that may be the lasting result. Sleep was good the last few nights, so that is a big positive.

dunno how many i have had, man being a teenager  in the 80ties  bmx . jumping huge ramps  no helmets  or pads,   i dont even think the bmx bike shop sold helmets back then lol.  ive had my head dinged busted , stapled stitches . maybe thats my problem.lol  .  

me and my buds sit around  on the back porch bsing  andthis topic comes up alot   .  like kids know must a soft noggins  ,i think it is just back then we prolly had concussions  but it was never mentioned .  you just got up and carried on .  i know if every smack i ever had was a concussion i would now be in rest home prolly.

34 minutes ago, ASH said:

dunno how many i have had, man being a teenager  in the 80ties  bmx . jumping huge ramps  no helmets  or pads,   i dont even think the bmx bike shop sold helmets back then lol.  ive had my head dinged busted , stapled stitches . maybe thats my problem.lol  .  

me and my buds sit around  on the back porch bsing  andthis topic comes up alot   .  like kids know must a soft noggins  ,i think it is just back then we prolly had concussions  but it was never mentioned .  you just got up and carried on .  i know if every smack i ever had was a concussion i would now be in rest home prolly.

I don't know if it is so much how hard you hit your head vs location that takes the hit. My previous one was temple area . Had one in college from a punch, one in Little League football, same spot, same symptoms. back of the head seems to be a vulnerable spot too. You see a lot of whiplash sports injury, think back of head snapping backward off the turf.

Have read that it takes 60gs to get a concussion (combined) with a hit to the head, just 6 when a neck is involved, so a lot of the problems stem from soft tissue neck injury. Thinking of getting my neck checked out next week as it has been stiff and sore for a while. It can't be helping matters.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Damn, still having symptoms. Walked for 45 minutes yesterday, feels like it bumped me back to square one. Headache, nausea, ears ringing, a bit woozy. It has been 7 weeks, I am reading this can go on for months, like the last one did.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, ARP said:

Reported my injury this morning. I was still having symptoms, did not see any reason to not report it. Light sensitivity and ringing/tinitus are the most pronounced symptoms. Low grade headache. Ibuprofen helps. Don't over do it. And some foggy mentally feeling. Off 2 more days, getting good rest and chicken noodle soup.

Isn't it strange that Chicken soup is so good for people and at the same time, so bad for the Chicken.  It must be the times we live in.

• Haha 2

i`ve had a lot of concussions and they are all different,i recall (barely) a couple that lasted for months.

and yeah some days were better then others then one day its just kind of gone.

go easy on the ibuprofen it helps the headaches and the constant throbbing but can make you dizzy and nauseous too or at least contribute.

but yes,Concussions suck hope it ends soon for you.