Mailman loses part of finger after dog bites hand through door slot

TBO

16 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

He did take safety precautions, didn't you read above he didn't use his pickle to push it through like normal.

This is England so who know about their system, sounds like he got his pickle bit off.  I have a friend that used to deliver mail in this country and he said they get wrote up and suspended if they don't take proper dog precautions.

• Like 2

When I was very little, in England,  every door  on the block was the exact same.

All the nannies would knock on our door looking for me when they locked themselves out.

I was (oliver twist skinny) so skinny, that I could put my arm (up to the shoulder) up into the mail-slot and unlock the deadbolts.

They didn't have dogs.  No one did.

Mom's little jacked-up Cairn was named "Mackie".

Like a proper cairn should.

In Texas, I know for a fact that this little pitbull never ever saw a snake in his life.

We were walking down the path to the pond, and there was a huge copperhead right there.

This little dog bolted, growling right down, and grabbed it just right, and whipped it,  like a frenzied bullwhip, until it went into snake-pieces.  All over.

And then came back, all wiggling and proud.

So.

We went camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  In a state park.  The place was deserted when we got there.

SOme people from over the hill yelled at us, "Hey! You want to see some bears!?!"

So we went down,  and bears were all over the dumpsters, doing bear stuff.

We talked to the people for a while, and headed back to our site.

We had a Chevy cargo van.  We had left the sliding door open.

Halfway back, I noticed a bear's ass sticking halfway out of the van.  Tubby,  old, and deaf, and blind, and a rhinoceros, was sleeping in the back.

I instantly assumed he was a goner

I ran towards the van, and skidded to halt.  Can't fight a bear.

Then the van exploded.  Tubby shot out like a missile, chewing six assholes at once.  Like bullets,  they both disappeared over the hill.

By the time we got there, Tubby came marching out of the woods like a proud strutting  stud.

The bear took a ice chest.  We found it over the hill.  He bit, and sucked dry, all the beers (the cans were right there) and took whatever food we had in it.

We still have the cooler.  It looks like someone shot it full of .22.

Tubby attacked a bear.

Little ******.