Sig Sauer Romeo5 1x20mm Red Dot Sight, Black

Don't know anything about red dot sights and wondering if this sight is up to it or should I spring for something better.  Not going to get a lot of hard knocks but don't want to waste money if it won't hold up.  Going to mount it on a CZ Scorpion pistol.

Edited by pipedreams

If you're planning on using it as a range toy, then it should be just fine.  Across multiple websites that people leave reviews on, it's up in the 4.6-4.8 range after a thousand reviews.  For only $125 or less it's a great deal for an entry to mid level red dot sight.

It's good enough quality that you should have a decent experience with it for your first red dot sight, but still inexpensive enough that if you find out for whatever reason you don't like them it doesn't break the bank.

One thing I really like about my Romeo6T that the Romeo5 also has is the motion activated illumination, which means if you want to you can leave the dot turned on all the time.  As long as it's not getting moved around, it's not lighting up the dot, so very long battery life compared to most I looked at in this price range.

I say go for it.

• Thanks 1