What does your spouse carry?

Rabbi

• Administrators
1 minute ago, JJHNSN said:

My wife and firearms do NOT mix...total no go. My daughter, on the other hand, loves them, loves to shoot 'em, train with them, etc.

That is sad.  I have a few friends in similar situations with their wife. 

My wife is a firearms enthusiast.  She is a good shot, has her own guns and goes to training classes.  

• Like 1

My better half does not carry. She doesn't have any issue with firearms but she has no interest in them either. I've tried to gently introduce her to shooting, and she has indulged me a few times, but it hasn't caught on yet. It's a work in progress.

• Like 2

As I'm a female, I'll chime in.  I like firearms, own a few, and enjoy shooting when I get a chance, which isn't very often.  I'm a widow and I keep a couple of handguns loaded for home defense, but I only rarely carry one, and then I pocket carry my S&W Bodyguard (not the old original ones) .38 Spl that my late hubby bought for me, in a pocket holster.  I just like this little snubby with its slim grip.  I do take it (or occasionally one of my others) with me in the car sometimes, but I don't even do that around town.  I guess I just feel safe enough without being armed.  Famous last words, I know!  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, n2g said:

As I'm a female, I'll chime in.  I like firearms, own a few, and enjoy shooting when I get a chance, which isn't very often.  I'm a widow and I keep a couple of handguns loaded for home defense, but I only rarely carry one, and then I pocket carry my S&W Bodyguard (not the old original ones) .38 Spl that my late hubby bought for me, in a pocket holster.  I just like this little snubby with its slim grip.  I do take it (or occasionally one of my others) with me in the car sometimes, but I don't even do that around town.  I guess I just feel safe enough without being armed.  Famous last words, I know!  

You do what you feel is right for yourself. I see nothing wrong with that.

• Like 5

Wife owns a sub-compact Sig 9mm (p938) but does not carry it. I think mostly because we can't find a good way for her to carry it on her person: she's not one to carry her purse everywhere, and often leaves her purse unattended in the car/house, and she doesn't like to carry in her hip (uncomfortable, I guess).

• Like 2

For years she carried a S&W snubbie. Then she got a lot more comfortable shooting pistols and now carries a Sig P-938 Equinox.

She is shooting the G-26 alot and I think she may go to Glock with the Raven Trigger guard.  This would be best since I EDC a G-26 and we would have the same mags. 

vkAF2Oe.png  02Z7mZW.png

• Like 1

Wife has her cc but doesn't carry. She isn't comfortable on her waist and with 2 young kids and half the neighborhood kids over all the time she doesn't trust she wouldn't put her purse down and not remove her gun. She loves shooting and knows where and how to get any or all if needed at home. She is a better shot than me so I might hand her mine in the right situation:) she reloads for crap but that first mag is going to hurt. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has no issue with my guns, and she actually prefers when I carry, especially when I'm with her.  But she's not comfortable enough with her own ability to responsibly carry, so she doesn't.

I bought her a zapper (taser) for her birthday in September, and she's slowly getting comfortable with that.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...