Presidents at War- History Channel

TBO

• 4 weeks later...

How inept does one have to be to put this program on the air?

The discussion about WWII at one point and shows a B-52 dropping bombs during the Vietnam War. How does one cover George H. W. Bush in WWII and not mention that he was shot down and rescued by a submarine? Why do they continue to show Jimmy Carter throughout the series as a "President at War" when he didn't graduate from the Naval Academy until 1946? I have seen crap like this in just about every program on History Channel. Does History Channel actually have historians working there?

The History Channel programs always seem to be produced by the low bidder. "Hatfields and McCoys" was filmed in Romania. The terrain was a poor substitute for Appalachia. Other programs depicting scenes from American history are produced by South African companies. The Civil War scenes were filled with extras in pathetically cheap clothing. Low budget is the order of the day at History Channel.

I hate to break this news to the world, but "Pawn Stars" is a fraud on the public. The people pawning/selling objects are paid actors. Several years ago, I was asked how much I would charge to get something I owned to Las Vegas by 10:00 a.m. the next day for the show. I was neither selling it nor interested in pawning it. I gave them a price, but they declined. "Pawn Stars" is intended to amuse TV viewers in Des Moines who believe that it is the real deal. Sorry, but you've been duped.

Not only is "Pawn Stars" a fraud, I rented that same object to one of the "Storage Wars" shows. They picked it up from me, took it to the set, and it was "found" inside a storage locker. So it goes with most "reality shows."

As P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every moment."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, survivormann99 said:

The discussion about WWII at one point and shows a B-52 dropping bombs during the Vietnam War

Noticed that, didja?

:biggrin:

I was sadly reminded of Lyndon Johnson's Silver Star.

:miff:

John Kennedy, he was the real deal during his service.

He cheated in every election he ran in; he never lost.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, survivormann99 said:

I hate to break this news to the world, but "Pawn Stars" is a fraud on the public. The people pawning/selling objects are paid actors. Several years ago, I was asked how much I would charge to get something I owned to Las Vegas by 10:00 a.m. the next day for the show. I was neither selling it nor interested in pawning it. I gave them a price, but they declined. "Pawn Stars" is intended to amuse TV viewers in Des Moines who believe that it is the real deal. Sorry, but you've been duped.

Not only is "Pawn Stars" a fraud, I rented that same object to one of the "Storage Wars" shows. They picked it up from me, took it to the set, and it was "found" inside a storage locker. So it goes with most "reality shows."

As P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every moment."

What an arrogant, elitist hack.  Your true colors bleed through on your very first post.  Congratulations.

You have shown us all, with you very first post, that you've fed into the east coast, cosmopolitain belief that those of us in "fly over country" are uneducated goofs that buy into anything that's spoon fed to us via media self flagellation. 

Well done.  You're exceptionally easy to read, right out of the chute.

• Like 1