I'm sorry.

Hannie Caulder

3 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Seemed like more than a few.  And truthfully we knew no more about her than we do about Hannie.  

We really don't know **** about each other.  We could all be a group of transexual democrats for all we know.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I would have to ban myself, most days. I am turning into a surly old bastard. I'm not going to be able to be in the same room with me, in another ten years.

Age has a tendency to make us surly and fed up with crap that has been irritating for our whole lives. 

It seems that at some point we simply give up caring about the repercussions, and have to express what we have been bottling up inside for many years.  I often said to my management, that I was amazed  my company kept me employed as long as they did.  I accused them of knowing how much they bothered me, and that they must have been masochistic at heart.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aksnowman said:

congratulations you guys finally got rid of hannie. you all happy now? i never understood what that girl did too make so many people hate her. she was and is one of the nicest posters on this site or gt. i never seen one post where she tried to lead men on. yeah some her posts where different but who in the hell doesnt post off beat posts. who really gives a damn what she looked like i think most are just pissed cause she wouldnt post a bikini pic so you could all get worked up. imagine the **** eric would go through if she did post half naked photos. christ if you want to see a girl in a bikini so bad google it. and yeah thats me in my avatar got a nice ass dont i. 

Yep.

Even when we disagreed, she was always polite about it. While her posts weren't my flavor often, I just clicked on by to the next one that was. Don't see a need to run her off.

• Like 8

Well, as much fun as it was to write about myself in the third person, I have to respond to PNWGuy/vart's comment about being a manhater/libtard.  It's always easier to take a swing at someone when you think they don't know about it, eh vart?

People on GT started pissing me off WELL before I made the trek across the country.  Just because I wasn't sycophantically and sympathetically echoing soothing words at you when you whined about your mostly self-inflicted problems doesn't mean I hate men and turned blue overnight.  It meant that I grew up and realized there was a lot of bullshit I echoed back because I wanted to be seen as a Cool Girl™ who was above all that "laydee stuff" and I became disinterested in that when I took my long hiatus from GT.

And moeman, I never did find out what happened, but it wasn't for lack of interest that I stopped PMing.  The message board arbitrarily decided I could no longer send you PMs and that was that (I think I even asked you about it in open threads a few times).  I am still very concerned about you.

For those of you who are clutching your pearls mistakenly thinking I "followed" you here after my banning on the other board....I was actually a founding member on TBS under the moniker Schrödinger's Cat.  However, the board software permitted me a few logins and then decided the special character Ö was no longer acceptable, hence the new moniker.

In case you don't think it's me, it most assuredly is...SORRY TO ******* DISAPPOINT YOU

IMG_5605.thumb.jpg.1e3cb6d4a414bfdd6cedfaa7abf3d5ed.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Well, as much fun as it was to write about myself in the third person, I have to respond to PNWGuy/vart's comment about being a manhater/libtard.  It's always easier to take a swing at someone when you think they don't know about it, eh vart?

People on GT started pissing me off WELL before I made the trek across the country.  Just because I wasn't sycophantically and sympathetically echoing soothing words at you when you whined about your mostly self-inflicted problems doesn't mean I hate men and turned blue overnight.  It meant that I grew up and realized there was a lot of bull**** I echoed back because I wanted to be seen as a Cool Girl™ who was above all that "laydee stuff" and I became disinterested in that when I took my long hiatus from GT.

And moeman, I never did find out what happened, but it wasn't for lack of interest that I stopped PMing.  The message board arbitrarily decided I could no longer send you PMs and that was that (I think I even asked you about it in open threads a few times).  I am still very concerned about you.

For those of you who are clutching your pearls mistakenly thinking I "followed" you here after my banning on the other board....I was actually a founding member on TBS under the moniker Schrödinger's Cat.  However, the board software permitted me a few logins and then decided the special character Ö was no longer acceptable, hence the new moniker.

In case you don't think it's me, it most assuredly is...SORRY TO ****ING DISAPPOINT YOU

So with the username UnifiedFieldTheory.....can I assume you took the ASVAB test or other IQ (Stanford) and have been studying fun stuff.

Edited by Dric902

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

So with the username UnifiedFieldTheory.....can I assume you took the ASVAB test or other IQ (Stanford) and have been studying fun stuff.

Been interested in theoretical physics for a very long time.  Don't know as I know all THAT much about it but it's more invigorating to talk about with friends than, say, politics.  Many a shouting match over what happens at the event horizon and such.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

People on GT started pissing me off WELL before I made the trek across the country.  Just because I wasn't sycophantically and sympathetically echoing soothing words at you when you whined about your mostly self-inflicted problems doesn't mean I hate men and turned blue overnight.  It meant that I grew up and realized there was a lot of bull**** I echoed back because I wanted to be seen as a Cool Girl™ who was above all that "laydee stuff" and I became disinterested in that when I took my long hiatus from GT.

In case you don't think it's me, it most assuredly is...SORRY TO ****ING DISAPPOINT YOU

I was banned for word play by Russ... we can message here and I’ll give you my FB or phone #. I trust you. And as you know we sparred, but saw thru that. I hope you and yours are doing great. Your are looking great! 

Edited by Moeman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Been interested in theoretical physics for a very long time.  Don't know as I know all THAT much about it but it's more invigorating to talk about with friends than, say, politics.  Many a shouting match over what happens at the event horizon and such.

Spagttification of course

and the cat is dead at some point

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

People on GT started pissing me off WELL before I made the trek across the country.  Just because I wasn't sycophantically and sympathetically echoing soothing words at you when you whined about your mostly self-inflicted problems doesn't mean I hate men and turned blue overnight.  It meant that I grew up and realized there was a lot of bullshit I echoed back because I wanted to be seen as a Cool Girl™ who was above all that "laydee stuff" and I became disinterested in that when I took my long hiatus from GT.

In case you don't think it's me, it most assuredly is...SORRY TO ******* DISAPPOINT YOU

I didn't even know you were a member here. Glad to see you around. Cheer up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigGiantShaft said:

I'm just imagining vart recoiling in horror ?

Muh GKL-free echo chamber! RUINED!!?

One thing’s for sure; I don’t think hannie’s shameless ploy for yet more atten- er, flounce thread is going the way she hoped...

Edited by Rizzo

40 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

People on GT started pissing me off WELL before I made the trek across the country.  

Why would you, a strong independent woman such as you are let posters on a internet BB piss you off so much.   :dunno:

50 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

KAAAAAAAAAT

Yay

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rinspeed said:

Why would you, a strong independent woman such as you are let posters on a internet BB piss you off so much.   :dunno:

It's rampant and it runs deep.  Dudes on GT liked me just fine as long as I echoed their opinions back to them and wasn't too independent.  I started doing THAT, and oh my, all the insults came flying.

13 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

It's rampant and it runs deep.  Dudes on GT liked me just fine as long as I echoed their opinions back to them and wasn't too independent.  I started doing THAT, and oh my, all the insults came flying.

How is your back doing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric said:

I would have to ban myself, most days. I am turning into a surly old bastard. I'm not going to be able to be in the same room with me, in another ten years.

Sort of reminds me of when my sister used to scream, "Get out of the way" at anybody who walked in front of the t.v.  Then one day she screamed it at the dog.  Then, she put her feet up on the footrest and screamed, "Get out of the way" at them.  It doesn't get better as we get older. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Neck.  Pretty bad.  I'm staving off more extensive surgery* as long as I can.

*Next fusion is predicted to be C2-C6...a four-level.

I'm still having nightmares from the last surgery pics you posted. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

• Like 3

• Eric locked this topic