Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dric902

51 judges renominated

Recommended Posts

The article says there are 163 vacant seats. Toward the end of the last congressional session, McConnell really stepped up the pace. If he makes the same priorities now, two years would be just about right. It's not like the senate will be doing much voting on anything else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeaDub said:

The article says there are 163 vacant seats. Toward the end of the last congressional session, McConnell really stepped up the pace. If he makes the same priorities now, two years would be just about right. It's not like the senate will be doing much voting on anything else.

McConnell's "stepping up the pace" was temporary.  He used the end of the session against the Democrats.  "Get this done, or nobody is going home to campaign for the 2018 election".  It worked, but that play has been called.  It is now back to business as usual, stall and delay.  McConnell could stop the Bull Schit permanently by rescinding the Blue Slip Rule, but he refuses.

Edited by steve4102

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, steve4102 said:

McConnell's "stepping up the pace" was temporary.  He used the end of the session against the Democrats.  "Get this done, or nobody is going home to campaign for the 2018 election.  It worked, but that play has been called.  It is now back to business as usual, stall and delay.  McConnell could stop the Bull Schit permanently by rescinding the Blue Slip Rule, but he refuses.

 

Hmmm. I've not seen where he re-instated the blue slip deference. It was first changed in the fall of '17 and then Grassley seems to have gotten involved in the spring of last year. Now that Graham runs the Judicial Committee, I would believe the faster process will still be in place. Also, the fact that Trump submitted the same nominees for the 9th Circuit as before (against Feinstein's wishes) adds to my belief. That was part of the blue slip tradition.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the same judges that were nominated the last session and are being renominated for the new Senate being seated.  Hopefully they will get a move on and get them approved.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he can threaten to shut down the government if they aren't approved. Oh, wait, never mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the story;

Missing from the list of re-nominated judges, for now, were three conservatives the White House has said it will install on the Ninth Circuit without first seeking what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion, from California senators Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Harris

the Blue Slip nominees were not re-nominated

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

From the story;

Missing from the list of re-nominated judges, for now, were three conservatives the White House has said it will install on the Ninth Circuit without first seeking what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion, from California senators Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Harris

the Blue Slip nominees were not re-nominated

 

.

So as far as I can tell the Blue Slip is just an opinion from the senators from the state the justice comes from. 

Yeah.  I don't see Feinstien or Harris blue slipping anyone.

Drive on to the objective, Mr. President.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

From the story;

Missing from the list of re-nominated judges, for now, were three conservatives the White House has said it will install on the Ninth Circuit without first seeking what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion, from California senators Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Harris

the Blue Slip nominees were not re-nominated

 

.

The article you list is from last Oct. Here's a newer one from today:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/01/23/president-trump-just-sent-a-boatload-of-judicial-nominations-to-the-senate-n2539892

 

So I see two nominees to the 9th Circuit.

1) Bridget S. Bade. She was nominated last year and seems to be nominated again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Shelton_Bade

2) Eric D. Miller. Likewise, he was nominated last year and has been re-submitted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_D._Miller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeaDub said:

The article you list is from last Oct. Here's a newer one from today:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/01/23/president-trump-just-sent-a-boatload-of-judicial-nominations-to-the-senate-n2539892

 

So I see two nominees to the 9th Circuit.

1) Bridget S. Bade. She was nominated last year and seems to be nominated again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_Shelton_Bade

2) Eric D. Miller. Likewise, he was nominated last year and has been re-submitted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_D._Miller

The story is from Tuesday, not October. why would he renominates judges last October

The headline itself says clearly; White House announces 51 judicial picks, including two for liberal 9th Circuit

(that would be Miller and Bade)

This also;

including two on the mostly liberal San Francisco-based 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, which President Trump has often derided as "disgraceful" and politically biased.

Would be Miller and Bade
 
This;
Missing from the list of re-nominated judges, for now, were three conservatives the White House has said it will install on the Ninth Circuit without first seeking what's known as a "blue slip," or an opinion, from California senators Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Harris
 
is not Miller and Bade
 
this is from October;
But in a snub to California Democratic Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris, the White House announced Wednesday that Trump had nominated Patrick Bumatay, Daniel Collins and Kenneth Kiyul Lee (all from the Golden State, and reportedly all members of the conservative Federalist Society) to the influential circuit. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-snubs-feinstein-harris-to-nominate-conservative-judges-to-liberal-9th-circuit
 
that he said he was nominating over the heads of Feinstein and Harris. He did not, they are not there. And he has not renominated them.

Not going over the heads of Feinstein or Harris.

its called a cave, backing down, or.....losing

 

.

 
 
Edited by Dric902

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...