Slide swaping between different Gen. frames

Citra47

I have a Gen 2, G23 that was my first Glock purchase - used. Close friend of mine owned a gun store in South Florida at the time and one of the heads of the Seminole Tribe traded the gun (which he had purchased new from the shop) back in for a Sig if I remember correctly. Store owner said he knew the owner had fired the gun heavily because he bought several thousand rounds of ammo through the gun shop and was in the shop fairly often. Shop owner/friend is an armorer, checked the G23 out & replaced some springs and I ended up with it and fell in love with Glocks. Long story short, I have put several thousand more rounds through that G23 and am getting a bit worried about the original frame.  Can I move the Gen 2/G23 slide to a Gen 3 or do I need to stay with the Gen 2 frame which I prefer??? 

Edited by Citra47

2 hours ago, Citra47 said:

I have a Gen 2, G23 that was my first Glock purchase - used. Close friend of mine owned a gun store in South Florida at the time and one of the heads of the Seminole Tribe traded the gun (which he had purchased new from the shop) back in for a Sig if I remember correctly. Store owner said he knew the owner had fired the gun heavily because he bought several thousand rounds of ammo through the gun shop and was in the shop fairly often. Shop owner/friend is an armorer, checked the G23 out & replaced some springs and I ended up with it and fell in love with Glocks. Long story short, I have put several thousand more rounds through that G23 and am getting a bit worried about the original frame.  Can I move the Gen 2/G23 slide to a Gen 3 or do I need to stay with the Gen 2 frame which I prefer??? 

As far as I know gen 1, 2 and 3 slides/frames are completely interchangeable. 

Also, as far as I know, the gen 4 frame will work with an earlier slide, but leave a gap around the spring portion of the slide due to differences in the gen 4 recoil spring setup, the gen 4's have more metal at the nose of the slide so they don't work on earlier frames.

This thread has some pics of a gen 3 slide on gen 4 lower

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/154071-glock-cross-generation-conversion/

• Thanks 1