WA state to allow "composting" of human remains.

PNWguy

http://mynorthwest.com/1245928/washington-legislature-human-composting/

In the ever increasing stamped to the left and Californication of the West coast, Washington state is considering a bill to allow the option of "composting" of human remains.

Apparently, burial and cremation are too taxing on our planet's resources and you're now not eco-friendly if you want to honor your loved ones through traditional means...

“Recomposition is natural and sustainable. It provides significant savings in carbon emissions, which is especially important because Washington State has the highest rate of cremation in the country at 76 percent,” Spade told the committee.

“But cremation requires fossil fuels and has significant carbon dioxide emissions. Recomposition uses one-eighth the energy of cremation and saves over a metric ton of carbon dioxide per person who chooses it,” she added.

“It’s important to share the incredible relief to her and her family and her friends to know that she could literally become soil. That in dying, she would not be forced to pollute the planet any further,” Morgan said.

• Like 1

Now, I really don't see any moral reasons not to dispose of human remains in a more environmentally friendly way.  Biblically speaking, the body is just a vessel and after death it is nothing more than carbon.

It's just that this is being proposed by leftists that make me suspicious of the real intentions behind it.  Leftists have no regard for the sanctity of human life.

• Like 1

I've gotten my friends to commit to giving me a huge blazing, floating, Viking funeral,  with copiously flowing mead and grog.

Whether they do, or not,  who knows.

I've already jinxed people by telling them that I'm pretty much coming back and they know it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

I always liked the idea of putting you in a hole in a special spot and planting a tree on top of you.

Yeah, that works for me.  You can sanctify life all you want but go dig someone up that has been buried for 50 years and tell me that isn't nasty.  Composting is fine with me as long as it is sanitary and doesn't stink.

• Like 1

Try disturbing graves of Native Americans. That will get you time in a Federal Prison. It is not unusual for victims of a homicide to be dumped in field or forest.  Now a murderer could claim he was  legally

disposing of human remains. :78: The Bible does not say how your remains "Must", be disposed of. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I guess that way Grandma can always be in her garden.  This creeps me out a little.

recomposition.

“That involves placing a body in a vessel along with a bunch of organic material, then applying some heat and some air to it, and that accelerates the process of breaking down the body so that within about a month the body and organic material are reduced to soil,”

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with this.  You can bury me, cremate me, stick my corpse (in whatever form) in a rocket ship and blast it into the sun, "bury" me at sea, or donate my body to science.  Whatever.  After I'm dead, I won't care.  I'm not coming back to haunt anyone over how they chose to dispose of my body.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MtnBiker said:

If they ever film another season of "Dexter" I think it should be in Washington state instead of Miami!

Well...  The last episode they did show him working as a logger in a Northwestern town, so...

I don't particularly care what happens to my body...  But I know what happens to people that get put into a box.  It is a nasty process.  God bless the morticians who do it, but if I can't imagine doing that to a loved one then I don't want my death to be an excuse to do the same.

More than that, I don't want to be wasted.  All those chemicals and all that wood preventing decomposition...  And all that money!  What a waste.

Even cremation is a waste unless someone is using the heat for something other than just sending thermal energy into space.

Plant food, buzzard food, worm food or fish food... That is the ideal.

Edited by JTMac
  • Like 2