New Sheriff in town... I can't carry my Colt Rail Gun any more

nitesite

Damn.  My dept issues a Gen4 G17 but previously let me qual with any other approved handgun and carry what I want.  I always qual'd with the issued G17, and my CRG, and even a S&W PC 627 8-shot .357.

The new Sheriff is going to be fantastic.

But one rule is that we must carry the issued weapon.  I'm cool with that because I really like a 9mm GLOCK.

But is just won't be the same.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 9:50 PM, Dric902 said:

I bet that was.......impressive

It got some looks.  Lots of times it sparked a pleasant conversation.  

Most peeps, even gun peeps, never saw full moon clip .357 Magnum ammo in the clips.  I carried no fewer rounds than my 1911 CRG.

I even had members of grand juries ask me about carrying a revolver in court chambers and they loved the idea.

This new Sheriff is the real deal.  I am so excited to have him take over.

Having him change the policy for duty carry matters not in the least.  I'm good with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, nitesite said:

Damn.  My dept issues a Gen4 G17 but previously let me qual with any other approved handgun and carry what I want.  I always qual'd with the issued G17, and my CRG, and even a S&W PC 627 8-shot .357.

The new Sheriff is going to be fantastic.

But one rule is that we must carry the issued weapon.  I'm cool with that because I really like a 9mm GLOCK.

But is just won't be the same.

I retired carrying the Gen 3 G17.  It was mine, and I sold it, because it had to do with memories I would much rather forget.  Personal reasons, not that there is a body attached to it.  I laughed at the FFL when I traded/sold it.  He said, "It isn't haunted is it?"