TX22

Dric902

• 2 months later...

Got my new Taurus TX22 to the range last week, and must say I was truly impressed. I was really not expecting this level of performance from any $300 22lr plinker, especially a Taurus. 

I fired over 450 rounds, with four types of ammo with ZERO issues. Every magazine was loaded to its full 16 rounds capacity, and all ammo fed, fired, and ejected without fail. The slide lock also functioned properly on every empty mag. The sights are fine for its intended purpose and the trigger is truly exceptional. I also like the size and feel of the gun more so than my S&W 22 compact and Ruger SR22.

Out of the box with no sight adjustments 5 mags (80 rds) CCI Mini-mags:

2081967371_TX22MiniMag80.jpg.1a23fbf5f6ad3a8d14154991655ae4ce.jpg

100 rounds @ about 1/sec, mixed CCI, Blazer, Aguila & Federal Bulk pack): 1550072894_TX22Mix100.jpg.1451eaa85392a46475aa60ad984ed654.jpg

100 Federal bulk (as fast as I could get away with under the range rules):
747928163_TX22Fed100.jpg.73afad60f29c4e79981508c6bbdc9e86.jpg

Overall a nice reliable, cheap to shoot gun with a great trigger and easy take down, what's not to like?

And one additional point, I ordered two extra mags from Taurus on Sunday 3/31 and received them on Wednesday 4/3.  Not bad for a company with a reputation for bad service. 

JAC

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rangegod said:

Got my new Taurus TX22 to the range last week, and must say I was truly impressed. I was really not expecting this level of performance from any $300 22lr plinker, especially a Taurus. 

I fired over 450 rounds, with four types of ammo with ZERO issues. Every magazine was loaded to its full 16 rounds capacity, and all ammo fed, fired, and ejected without fail. The slide lock also functioned properly on every empty mag. The sights are fine for its intended purpose and the trigger is truly exceptional. I also like the size and feel of the gun more so than my S&W 22 compact and Ruger SR22.

Out of the box with no sight adjustments 5 mags (80 rds) CCI Mini-mags:

100 rounds @ about 1/sec, mixed CCI, Blazer, Aguila & Federal Bulk pack): 

100 Federal bulk (as fast as I could get away with under the range rules):

Overall a nice reliable, cheap to shoot gun with a great trigger and easy take down, what's not to like?

And one additional point, I ordered two extra mags from Taurus on Sunday 3/31 and received them on Wednesday 4/3.  Not bad for a company with a reputation for bad service. 

JAC

There's a lot of praise for these guns in terms of reliability and function but no one said much about the accuracy and since the purpose of a 22 is for plinking and targets, just becase the gun goes bang every time you pull the trigger doesn't matter if the gun isn't accurate. And plinking is suppose to be fun but the more often you can hit th target, the more fun it is.

Either you're just a damn good shot or this is an accurate gun. I think my most accurate gun is a Savage 93R17 FV 17HMR and shooting it makes me THINK I'm a better shot than I actually am. My most accurate handgun is a Ruger Charger with an aftermarket barrel, a long eye relief scope, and a trigger job.

Edited by Borg warner

• 10 months later...

I have a TX22 sans manual safety on order, $230 + tax. However the 16 rounders were OOS, so mine is coming with two 10 round mags.

The LGS sells the 16 round mags for $19. So if I but a couple, I will be out the door under 3 Benjies and have 4 mags.

Looking forward to some G44 & TX22 side by side comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

The G44 is only available with 10 round mags, while the TX22 can be had with either 10 or 16 round mags. Since I insisted on the no manual safety model TX22, mine came with 10 rounders because that is all his distributor had in stock. I added a pair 16 rounders that my LGS had on the rack.

So today I took both of my new peashooters to the range.

I had pre-loaded all four of my TX22 mags and both G44 mags with Blazer 40 grain before going to the range. Both guns functioned perfectly, this was the G44's second outing, but the maiden voyage for the TX22.

I then put away the 16 round mags for the Taurus.

Next, I opened a box of Federal 36 grain HP in the 525 bulk pack. I proceeded to load two mags for each pistol. This was not intended to be an accuracy test, only a function test. I shot two mags through each pistol and reloaded. I continued to shoot all four mags and reload all four mags until I had burned through the entire package of 525 rounds.

I had zero malfunctions, no FTF, no FTE, no stovepipes, no misfires, etc. with either pistol, absolutely flawless function from both guns.

I continued my test with a 333 pack of Winchester 36 grain HP ammo with identical results, 100% flawless function from both guns.

G44 or TX22, either should enable you to have a nice session at the range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Plans change. LostWife bounced out of bed and said, let's go.

Pretty impressive box contents. 2 mags, mag loader, adjustable sights, suppressor adapter, and of course, the obligatory cable lock.

The mags have pull downs for loading, so the loader is a nice touch, but might be overkill. Still. The trigger is crisp. Taking it down is a bit awkward, putting it back together, a bit more so. I'll get the hang of it.

Anxious to get to the range and put some rounds through it. Never owed a 22 semi, and haven't had a 22 pistol in I don't know when, so I'm kinda stoked.

• Like 1