What is Your Favorite Glock and Why?

JJHNSN

I only own 2 Glocks and they are both my favorites and one of them, my G23, is also a G19 and a G32. My other favorite is my G20SF with a 5 inch LW barrel. Since the picture was taken I have installed tru-glo sights. My next Glock will be a G21 and maybe a G19x if they ever make it in black and maybe a G43 if Glock ever makes FACTORY extended mags for it.

glockt.jpg

• Like 1

My favorite is my gen3 G21.

Feels like it was tailor made for my hand and is a pleasure to shoot. From a self defense standpoint you can't go wrong with 13+1 rounds of 230gr hollow points.

My gen3 G30 is a close second.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I like the 19, my favorite is the 26. It is accurate and easy to shoot and light enough to be very comfortable to carry all day. Most important though is that I am paranoid about concealability, especially when I'm carrying in MA, where I DO have a non-resident permit. Here in the blue states, you just can't be too careful. With a 4.17" height, the 26 is very concealable. If I was a .40 guy, the 27 would be my favorite.

• 4 weeks later...

I only own one glock, so it's my favorite.

I've fired various glocks in .40 and .357sig, but none of them felt as comfortable to shoot as my G20.4 does.  

Sure it's heavy, and a little bulky to be carrying IWB, but then I'm a little heavy and bulky so it works out.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Arthritis in RH wrist and poorly repaired RH thumb..for CC, Glock 42..easy to conceal(a priority for me) but mostly, easy on my wrist(a priority for me)..With 'modern' .380 ammo(like Lehigh Xtreme Defense), effectiveness on par with some 9mm JHP.

For range shooting, Glock 19, Gen4..fun to shoot, reliable, not expensive. Not as 'comfy' as the G42 for this 'recoil sensitive' old fart but still nice. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 12:33 AM, Cougar_ml said:

I only own one glock, so it's my favorite.

I've fired various glocks in .40 and .357sig, but none of them felt as comfortable to shoot as my G20.4 does.  

Sure it's heavy, and a little bulky to be carrying IWB, but then I'm a little heavy and bulky so it works out.  

:agree2:

Since I got my Gen 4 G20, my 19 and 22 just don't see much use.

For me, the G20 does just fine as my every day carry IWB in a Sticky holster. 

I also think it is the most versatile of Glocks. I can load it light enough that the wife can use it at the range without recoil being a huge issue, or hot enough to knock down any predator that might pose a threat while I'm walking the back 40.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, usnret said:

Arthritis in RH wrist and poorly repaired RH thumb..for CC, Glock 42..easy to conceal(a priority for me) but mostly, easy on my wrist(a priority for me)..With 'modern' .380 ammo(like Lehigh Xtreme Defense), effectiveness on par with some 9mm JHP.

For range shooting, Glock 19, Gen4..fun to shoot, reliable, not expensive. Not as 'comfy' as the G42 for this 'recoil sensitive' old fart but still nice. 

I have read a few accounts of guys like you with arthritis or carpal tunnel. That really sucks but it is good you have a couple decent guns you can use without intolerable pain.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:24 PM, G26S239 said:

I have read a few accounts of guys like you with arthritis or carpal tunnel. That really sucks but it is good you have a couple decent guns you can use without intolerable pain.

WEll,  sometimes it's gets tiresome to 'explain' why I carry the much maligned .380..particularly by one guy I know who 'carries', sometimes, some 4 pound monster 1911 clone. 

G42 conceals well, better than son's G43, to ME. If the gun conceals really well, it means you 'won't leave home without it'.

G42 shoots really well. Shot yesterday side by side G42 and son's G43..the gun you like to shoot is the gun you shoot the most..and gee, get good with it also.

G42/.380 modern ammo very effective..on par with some 9mm JHP. So...... 

I know preaching to choir here, I'm very happy with the G42...