What is Your Favorite Glock and Why?

JJHNSN

• 9 months later...

Gen 1 Glock 19, perfection! The guide rod and spring were upgraded, as well as the springs for the trigger due to age and round count.

I had upgraded to a Gen 3 Glock 19 so that I could have a weapon light. Had sent it to have the finger grooves removed and lightly stippled.

But I realized I don't need a weapon light I carry a flashlight any way. Plus the finish was better on the Gen 1, back to the original.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using Tapatalk

For me it is the 27. It is my longest owned model, at about 20 years. Quite versatile with 3 calibers available with just a magazine and barrel swap, along with extended mags full more capacity and grip size if wanted.

A close second would be the 43. The 43 has taken over as my most carried handgun. It's just a little more "one dimensional" vs the double stack models.

I'd have to say it's my 43. The double stacks have never really fit my hands well and while I've owned several models because of their rock solid reliability, I never could find one that I wanted to carry all the time. The G43 changed that.

Fave Glock? Glock 22 Gen. 4, 2011 Model w/Frying Pan Finish. It is a one-gun-can-do-it-all proposition. I live on a Mountain but work in high crime areas. I no longer carry it but its a good all around woods/urban opition.  It’s very easy to shoot accurately and I use it to qualify for my concealed carry license requirements. 

Edited by Will Beararms

Model 20 for me.  I've got a Gen 3 and take it exclusively when in the mountains fly fishing.  I figure its the best line of defense for both two and four legged vermin that might want my trout.

edit to say I use a G27 for daily carry, but the G20 is my fav.

Edited by Ramjet38
  • Like 2

I have pretty much sold off all my Glocks except 3 of them. The only one that I still spend time with is my 2nd Glock 19 that I carried on duty for a number of years. Has over 30k rounds through it, has been rebuilt once, has a few aftermarket internal parts, and has more than a few battle scars. I have never shot another Glock with a better trigger. Measures 4.83lbs on the scale and has the crispest break imaginable. By the way that a TLR-6 for a G26 on it. I only use the light.

20170825_084003.jpg

I carry a model 20 SF.  It has a 6" ported Lone Wolf barrel along with most of their after market inner parts in a Black Hawk holster.  Underwood makes an extremely strong 10mm flat-nosed full jacketed round that will penetrate.  We hike in Glacier NP in northern Montana.  We carry bear spray for the grizzlies, but I do not wish to chance my life solely on the contents of an aerosol can.  Hope I never have to use it, but it makes me feel safer knowing it is there.  I have practiced and practiced drawing the spray with the left hand and the Glock with the right.  From past experiences, I know that I will respond exactly as I have practiced.  I am sure most readers know this, but just to let you know... You can carry in a National Park as long as the state it was issued in has reciprocity with the state that the National Park is in.  However, you are not allowed to discharge it and you must carry concealed only.  Also, you can not take it into visitor centers or other government owned buildings.  If you ever have to use it in a National Park, I suggest you not stand around and admire your work.  You will probably never get your gun back, but you will get plenty of legal hassles.  Final thought... if you ever have to stop a grizzly with a 10mm Glock and it is still coming after 14 hits... save the last round for yourself!!!

Keep your powder dry.

• Like 2

A few people have mentioned the G42 and G43 as their secondary Glocks.

Well, the G42 and G43 are my favorite Glocks, hands down.  I want desperately to love the big Glocks.  Their reliability is legendary.  The design is pure simplicity and reason, as if Gaston Glock picked up the cloak of ElijahJohn Browning.  My long hands should fit better around a double stack.  And a double stack means more ammo!  But I just can't.

It's the shape.  The G42/G43 fit in the hand.  They impart recoil more politely.  And I'll say it:  They're kind of cute.  The fact that I could conceal them on my bony body is just a bonus.

All other Glocks feel like awkward bricks in my hand.  The best shooting I've ever done was with a G22, but not even that high could overcome the awkwardness of holding it.  

I bought a G42 for my mom, which she carries daily.  I'm envious, and when the day comes that I don't have to pocket carry then I'm buying a G43.

Edited by JTMac
  • Like 1