What is Your Favorite Glock and Why?

JJHNSN

Mine? I keep coming back to the Glock 19 ... just a great combination of size and capacity. I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.

Here is my Gen 4 Glock 19, with fiber optic sights, Agency trigger and magwell and a nicely rounded larger mag release.

HMIezZJ.jpg

• Like 1

Gen 3 G19 with night sights. I personally don't care the serrated trigger, so I swapped a flat one in instead. 

Why? I never cared for the full size or baby Glock's. Yeah, I could probably get used to them, but I would rather have a weapon that feels natural to me in my hand. Had a G23 with the same setup as the G19, but it got purged when I consolidated down to just 9mm and .45 ACP a few years ago.

• Like 2

While it's not even close to my favorite gun, if I had to pick one Glock over all others. It would be a Gen 2 Glock 17. It has the standard sights, but does have a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector. 

I'd pick that over my Gen 3 with night sights, 3.5#, and steel Jagger guide rod. That's just because of it having no finger groves or rail. 

3 hours ago, Jason D said:

While it's not even close to my favorite gun, if I had to pick one Glock over all others. It would be a Gen 2 Glock 17. It has the standard sights, but does have a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector. 

I'd pick that over my Gen 3 with night sights, 3.5#, and steel Jagger guide rod. That's just because of it having no finger groves or rail. 

I've always wanted to own/shoot a Gen 2 GLOCK 17. My favorite is my trusty Gen 3 G19. The grooves fit my hand and it's just a comfortable gun to shoot.

• Like 1

Gen 2 Glock 19.

I was in a class full of experienced shooters back when .45 1911 was top dog on the range. 95% of the real world shooters were the then fairly new G19s.

Between the need for more frequent reloads due to magazine capacity and ammo costs, the G19 was looking better and better with each exercise. 

A break gave me the opportunity to talk about the 19 and ask for a tryout of a fellow shooters weapon. One magazine was all that it took to sell me on Glock and 9mm.

I bought one at the first opportunity and haven't looked back. I tend to carry a G27/during the Summer, but the 19 is my favorite on the range and on my hip.

I haven't tried the Gen 4, but am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Because I like to keep on shooting, I like to run classes with my Glock 17L with mags with Taran Tactical extensions that give me 6 extra rounds, plus one in the chamber, for a full load of: 24

Then, throw them on the Glock 33 round magazine and you have 39+1.

:)

My favorite is my Gen 4 G19.  I spent about 25-30 years trying to ignore Glocks, in the hopes that they'd go away.  They didn't.  Eventually, I decided that I'd get one and that if I really, really hated it, I could always just sell it.  That was ~3 years and ~2K rounds ago.  I have not sold her yet.  In fact, she's my EDC most days.  I've even considered getting a second Glock.

ETA:  After six months of carrying her, I even wrote "A Grudging Review of the Glock 19:"  https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535907

Edited by Spats McGee
Punctuation
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Someday said:

I've always wanted to own/shoot a Gen 2 GLOCK 17. My favorite is my trusty Gen 3 G19. The grooves fit my hand and it's just a comfortable gun to shoot.

I always felt the gen 2's were cleaner looking. I am partly interested in the gen 5 for it's lack of finger grooves, but not enough to run right out and buy a new one. 

1 hour ago, Jason D said:

I always felt the gen 2's were cleaner looking. I am partly interested in the gen 5 for it's lack of finger grooves, but not enough to run right out and buy a new one. 

I agree with the looks, but I've never shot a Gen 2 in any offering to compare the ergonomics. If I ever travel to a free state again, I'll have to stop by a gun shop and try out the Gen 5

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

G19.  I don't carry it anymore (G26 instead), but it would be the last gun I'd part with.  It does everything so well.  In a SHTF situation I would want it with me.  Shoots great, is very accurate, holds a lot of bullets, is 100% reliable, and can be easily carried.  What's not to like?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kilo Oscar said:

G19.  I don't carry it anymore (G26 instead), but it would be the last gun I'd part with.  It does everything so well.  In a SHTF situation I would want it with me.  Shoots great, is very accurate, holds a lot of bullets, is 100% reliable, and can be easily carried.  What's not to like?

Totally agree here.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:43 AM, Spats McGee said:

My favorite is my Gen 4 G19.  I spent about 25-30 years trying to ignore Glocks, in the hopes that they'd go away. 

It's funny, but I've spent 25 years trying to figure out which one is my favorite.  The collection keeps growing.  I started out with a Gen 2, Glock 21.  Now, I have a 19, 20SF, 21, 26, 29SF, 30SF, and a 34.  I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with the Glock 20SF since I shot my best PPC score with it, but I'm perfectly happy with any of them.  The few times I thought I might need a gun, I loaded up the Glock 21, so maybe that is my secret favorite (possibly superseded by the 30SF).  Yup, I can't decide.  

I've almost always got at least one Glock or 1911 in my range bag.  

glock20CropMed.jpg 

Edited by minervadoe

10 hours ago, Gridglocked said:

The Glock 17L and G36 are fun and always seem to be included in the range bag. The G19 and the G43 are the ones I always carry and depend on.

The Glock 17L is truly a wonderful handgun to shoot, and it even sounds different from shorter barreled Glock. I love it as a range gun and the long sight picture is fantastic.

I like the G26 myself.  Very versatile gun, conceals well even though I'm not very big, and shoots way better than most people expect.  I shoot it slightly better than the 19.  The back strap hump on the 17 feels awkward to me, and I don't shoot it as well as its smaller siblings.  Just a matter of hand size, I suppose.

• Like 1

First glock is shot was with a LEO friend years ago. Absolutely hated it. Couldn't have given it back to him fast enough. A year ago I gave in a tried the 43 and bought it 15 minutes later. Carry it every day and the shield just sits in the safe collecting dust now. Keep thinking I'll get a 19 but the 43 is perfect for its job and I fear I may hate the next glock. 

On 9/18/2017 at 5:50 PM, Kilo Oscar said:

G19. It does everything so well.  In a SHTF situation I would want it with me.  Shoots great, is very accurate, holds a lot of bullets, is 100% reliable, and can be easily carried.  What's not to like?

G19. Kilo said it best. I have tried others, but for some reason just shoot my personal G3 G19 better. Havent tried the 43 yet, but next on the list to try.