Clays

bdicki

• 2 weeks later...

Played golf all my life.  Got my first "set" of clubs when I first learned to walk.  Have film my Dad took of me swinging a cut down driver when I had just learned to stand.  On golf team in high school.  Played golf socially and for business. Started shooting clays about 17 years ago.  Shot my first round of sporting clays and never touched a golf club after that. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I shoot trap at the Silver Dollar in TampaBay. My wife is a trapshooter, too. We shoot as often as we can, and look forward to the winter shooting season as there are a lot of Snowbirds who winter at the Dollar and they have some great shoots there from December thru March.

They are having a little trouble with the neighbors and their 5Stand and Skeet have been shut down as a result of the Club's failure to obtain building permits over the years to build these ranges :$ and the fact that the shot from some of these fall on property not owned by the Dollar :ack2:.

And they lost three traps on the east end of the Gun Club side when the County refused to grant zoning for them (they hadn't gotten the right zoning when they added these traps, either :ack2: :ack2:).

So, things aren't exactly going swimmingly, but there are still over twenty traps divided between the Golf Club side and Gun Club side. We only shoot the traps on the Golf Course side during big shoots in the Winter.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here.

Bob

I've recently gotten into it myself, mostly for bird hunting practice before the seasons open. I am not serious about it like many are, I just use my old side by sides and have fun. Not really into scoring although I do keep track to see improvement.

one of my favorite stories.

A friend took me to a skeet range to teach me something about it.

a rover pulled up and some men got out and began unloading fancy Skeet guns.

they were amused at the 2 old duffers.

They did not notice that every time my friend pulled the trigger the clay bird POWDERED.

as the two groups got closer together one of the guys got a look at  the hat my friend was wearing.

and his eyes got large as he realized the long row of pins along the hat read 100 STRAIGHT on them.

the attitude change was immediate.  It was now SIR! almost with a bow.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...