Tonight’s finery.

Rabbi

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I've never had a green absinthe,  but it's on my list.  One of the documented "real" ones.

And get my hair done in a bar.

I am a fan of “real” absinthe.   To the point of having learned quite a bit about it.   There are now truly authentic absinthes available in the US.  (After a nearly 100 year ban)

One of the problems is there are some “absinthe like” products on the market. Most people, to include the vast majority of bartenders and liquor store employees think they are authentic absinthe.   They are wrong.   While these products have the appearance and taste of absinthe (or are close) they lack grand wormwood, (they use a lesser wormwood)   Without grand wormwood, it is not absinthe  

Authentic absinthe is still a fairly rare and pricy product.  Few places carry it but many places carry the absinthe like products.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Scwine said:

On a trip once to New Orleans, my favorite recollection is having turtle soup and a sazerac.  

I still have a sazerac from time to time at my local place here.  Good stuff.

I go to the big easy fairly often.  It is where I developed a taste for sazeracs.  For the most part,  New Orleans is one of the few places where authentic absinthe is served.   Hell there are absinthe bars in the Quarter and they have some magnificent authentic absinthe. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Is that on the shelf with the other good stuff like Boone's farm?

....uh....no. :)

Retail, authentic Absinthe starts north of 50 bucks a bottle.  The better ones are north of 100.   Far from an "expensive" liquor, but it aint cheap stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

....uh....no. :)

Retail, authentic Absinthe starts north of 50 bucks a bottle.  The better ones are north of 100.   Far from an "expensive" liquor, but it aint cheap stuff. 

Boone's Farm is $50/bottle but the bottle is a 55 gallon drum.

• Like 4

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Hey Rabbi, your maid needs to step up the silver polishing.  ?   

I suppose it's a good thing nobody's going to look for thujone metabolites anytime soon.  ?

Ha! We have a maid but she does not polish silver and I guess I don’t either.  

I have days worth of silver to polish.  Complete serving sets and then some. 

• Like 1