interesting revolver

Borg warner

A "Volleyfire" double barrel revolver  that fires 2 shots of 22 mag for each pull of it's DA only trigger. Given the poor ballistics of the 22 magnum out of a short barrel, firing 80 grain per shot might compensate somewhat for the velocity loss, but I'd rather be armed with a 32 Kel tec loaded with 8 rounds of buffalo bore 75 grain hardcast plus+P ammo. Smaller, lighter in weight and easier to conceal.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/04/standard-manufacturing-volleyfire/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2019-01-08&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

101d.jpg

• 4 months later...

That one doesn't really appeal to me.

If we're going for interesting and unique revolvers, I keep hoping someone will make a modern double action version of the LeMat.  There were different versions, but basically a 9 shot revolver (I believe they had both .44 and .36 variants. EDIT: Rereading the Wiki page, the .44 and .36 where later chamberings.  Despite a relatively small number ever being produced, there were quite a few variants.) and a single shot 20 ga. shotgun barrel.

1328953262_1856LeMat9shotshotgun3.jpg.416ec3397ea23019e1abe90301fdb06b.jpg

1279407188_1856LeMat9shotshotgun2.thumb.jpg.2bb63e5246439ea87506280e8530b201.jpg

I wouldn't want to try and conceal carry it, but that would make for a nice nightstand pistol to have at hand.

Edited by Maccabeus
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 5:41 PM, Borg warner said:

A "Volleyfire" double barrel revolver  that fires 2 shots of 22 mag for each pull of it's DA only trigger. Given the poor ballistics of the 22 magnum out of a short barrel, firing 80 grain per shot might compensate somewhat for the velocity loss, but I'd rather be armed with a 32 Kel tec loaded with 8 rounds of buffalo bore 75 grain hardcast plus+P ammo. Smaller, lighter in weight and easier to conceal.  

That's 1950's b-grade sci-fi movie ugly!  

And I thought the LCR 38 was bad!

I have always wanted one of these for a bug.  Some .38 + P would take the sting out:

wm_7265879.jpg

I prefer the fixed sight myself. But the 3” round butt K frame is an exceptional wheelgun for concealed carry. In cooler weather with a light cover garment it’s my go to OWB with a pair of Comp II speedloaders. 188a14ee63bc6abd77553628b98308eb.jpg9749a954cc0597fe34064b04556d5f9d.jpg

I carry it more than my 2” round butt K frame snubbie because I like the full length ejector rod the 3” guns offers.

• Like 1

I like my K-frame, I ended up with.  2 inch is fine with me, as I plan on using .38+p in it, as .357 wouldn't get enough spin coming out anyway and .38+p would probably offer a similar result.  I view it as a pretty BUG.  It is a 66-1.  I always wanted one, and I actually ended up about as much as I could get one of my 686's without the key lock.  Those I use .357 loads in as the shortest barrel is a 4 inch and the longest a 6 inch. One of the 4 inch 686's was a no dash, and someone must have smoothed the trigger out as it is has a smooth double action.  If I could find someone that will play with revolvers without screwing them up, I would see if that could be done to all the triggers.

Edited by Moshe