Anybody have a Professional model

Dric902

They are gorgeous. Too expensive for my wallet. I came really close to getting the TRP Operator. I ended up with it's "lower rent" cousin. A Champion LW Operator. It is actually light enough for carry and has been perfect on reliability.

Champion_medium.jpg.afc5e9fa03ac64ec8a49da6a1cf4fd14.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I don’t have that specific model, I do have a standard RO and it has been absolutely flawless since I bought it in 2015. Factory stuff, reloads, etc digested it all and undeniably accurate. I’d venture to say that the SA Pro you speak of is every bit as good and likely better. 

These are beautifully crafted handguns. However I have never seen a or known of a career lawman or Military that owned anything expect issue pistols. Many career officers prefer

a standard issue 1911 with no tricks. Myself retired, has long preferred the  custom combat 1911 or P-220 Legion. 

I have the Springfield MC Operator, and I have a light on it.  It is by far my favorite 1911.  I am retired, and carrying handguns I always wished I could when I was working.  I like putting lights on as many handguns as I can.  The simple reason, is target identification.  Especially with teenagers in the house.  I remember when I was a very young man, and lived at home in the desert with no lighting, my senses were heightened.   Someone or something was watching me intently in the dark,  I couldn't see them, I just knew.  So, I moved carefully, cautiously, wondering what or whom was clearly out there.  My dad waited up to play one of his many twisted pranks.  It just didn't work out for him this time.  He was in in PJ's as I found out and leaped at me in a roar.  Little did he realize, my instinct is to hit first and ask questions later.  I slammed his scrotum with my foot flat against his pelvis, and he howled in pain and fell to his knees.  As I was about to grab his chin and head to twist, I realized it was dad playing a prank that was ill conceived.  He moaned, "You did that on purpose!"

"Yes, I did.  I didn't know it was you, and I was about to snap your neck,"  Back then besides manual labor work, I was weight lifting in High School, and I could have done just that.  I am glad I didn't.

I’m not even a 1911 guy, but the SA Pro has been a dream gun of mine for years.  I have always told myself I am going to one as a retirement gift to myself, but who knows if I’ll be willing to to throw that kind of money down on a handgun at the time. 

I want mine without a rail. Sleek and smooth. 

Edited by Collim1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, Rangegod said:

I've had the PRO for a few years. Upgraded from a TRP and yes, it was worth it to me.

PRO-R1FP.jpg.f6491a5544789174c57e745b9e0350cf.jpg

On 1/21/2019 at 11:35 AM, Historian said:

I don't have one. But have shot one plenty.  It's a amazing pistol.

9mm or 45acp?

i get the feeling that if I get a 9mm, Im always gonna wish I had the 45.

3 hours ago, Collim1 said:

I’m not even a 1911 guy, but the SA Pro has been a dream gun of mine for years.  I have always told myself I am going to one as a retirement gift to myself, but who knows if I’ll be willing to to throw that kind of money down on a handgun at the time. 

I want mine without a rail. Sleek and smooth. 

If you can afford it, and it makes you happy, go for it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Historian said:

45....a 9mm 1911 is like kissing your cousin. She may be hot but your still kissing your cousin...and that's wrong.

I am not opposed to 9mm, I have shot a lot of it, and have Glocks in that caliber.  I am even flirting with the idea of one of those Turkish made MP5's being my first SBR.  But, I prefer my 1911's to be in the iconic .45 ACP.