Fun shotgun?

Silentpoet

I am looking to add a fun shotgun to my gun safe.  Considering a mka1919, panzer arms ar12, and possibly one of the mossberg shockwave types. Not a huge budget, so the saiga types are out.  I really like the looks of the camo ar12.  But the mka1919 seems to be a little better gun.  The shockwave would be a distant third to the other two.  I already have a ksg so I would prefer a semi automatic shotgun for my next one.

Any ideas or thoughts on these 3 guns?

- I love my Mossberg 590 Shockwave. I do consider it an excellent home defense gun, however the main reason for the Shockwave for me is that is pure fun to shoot.  A lot of people will say it is not accurate and to that I say poo.  Like any other firearm, it takes practice to learn to shoot well but once you pass the learning curve - wow.  I never shoot from the hip. hold at eye level but away from the face, solid grip on pump handle and grip, aim and fire. I don't notice the recoil that much - even with slugs, and slugs are accurate.  My shockwave gets a lot of use and is one of the most fun guns I own. 

I wish Mossberg would make a Shockwave version of their 930 shotgun both in 12 and 20 gauge versions. Remlin makes something like this but I would never own any Remington made after about 2008. I prefer the shockwave in 20 gauge. I consider 20 gauge to be very effective as a defensive round loaded with #3 buck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Well I walked in to the pawn shop and they had a decent deal on an unconverted saiga. 465 with a 10 round magazine.  Its on layaway because another pawn store had a deal on an AR with an EOtech sight. 

I hadn't been in a pawn shop for probably twenty years until I had to pick up a transferred Glock in one last month.

Still looked the same, smelled the same, same crappy overpriced guns.

The pawn business must be completely different in other parts of the country.  I always see posts from people finding good deals on great guns.

Here, they all smell like a Goodwill store with no ventilation, full of mostly junk and butterfly knives, and staffed by people I'd rather not be around.

3 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

I hadn't been in a pawn shop for probably twenty years until I had to pick up a transferred Glock in one last month.

Still looked the same, smelled the same, same crappy overpriced guns.

The pawn business must be completely different in other parts of the country.  I always see posts from people finding good deals on great guns.

Here, they all smell like a Goodwill store with no ventilation, full of mostly junk and butterfly knives, and staffed by people I'd rather not be around.

Lots of trips with nothing coming home.  But I keep an eye out for deals.  Law of averages.  Enough trips will equal some deals.