Handguns for the recoil wimps

kerbie18

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:17 PM, Dog Soldier said:

Don't sell the .22 LR out so fast. At close range a .22 Stinger will put a 1,500 lb steer down with one head shot. A .22 Semi-Auto can place many rounds in a soft target very fast. 

I think a 22 rimfire RIFLE is a valid home defense weapon for someone who is recoil sensitive, much better than a revolver, and is mor eaccurate and has a better trigger and much better ballistics and far greater ammo capacity. A reliable semi-auto like a 10-22 carbine possibly with a folding stock loaded with CCI Velocitors in a 25 round mag is easy to aim and keep firing until the threat is neutralized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Walther designed the CCP to be extremely easy to rack the slide.  It's a little large compared to a lot of the single stack 9mm these days, but it's not bad on the recoil.  only issue I've had with mine is it needs to be cleaned a lot more often than my Glock does to keep from malfunctioning.

Full size revolver in .38 or a Glock 17 with a compensator.  The 17 would give her a higher round count, the compensator and length would help with recoil.  The revolver will make an easier trigger pull in single action mode.

• 1 month later...