W.R.A Auto Rimmed

DrB

Found a bunch of old W.R.A  45. auto rimmed cartridges.  What revolver were they normally used with?   Man I got a bunch of crap from my yute I've been looking through.  Had it for some reason long time ago..

Dave..

The .45 AR was designed by the old Peters Ammunition Company for the 1917 Colt and S&W Milsurp revolvers. This thickly rimmed round could be used without the Half Moon clips and .45 ACP rounds. The more modern S&W 25-2 Target .45 ACP revolver can also use this round. It continues to be used in modern .45  ACP revolvers. Starline is a major supplier of this brass. I don't know of anyone offering the loaded rounds. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dog Soldier said:

The .45 AR was designed by the old Peters Ammunition Company for the 1917 Colt and S&W Milsurp revolvers. This thickly rimmed round could be used without the Half Moon clips and .45 ACP rounds. The more modern S&W 25-2 Target .45 ACP revolver can also use this round. It continues to be used in modern .45  ACP revolvers. Starline is a major supplier of this brass. I don't know of anyone offering the loaded rounds. 

Buffalo bore and Double tap both make ammo in 45 AR

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dog Soldier said:

The .45 AR was designed by the old Peters Ammunition Company for the 1917 Colt and S&W Milsurp revolvers.

Can't remember which one it was we shot.  I did not own it.  I'm almost thinking it was a S&W but not quite sure.   All I know is I found a bunch of old ammo here..

Dave..

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Borg warner said:

Buffalo bore and Double tap both make ammo in 45 AR

Thanks Borg. I did not know that. I will check that out. The S&W Mdl 25 in the .45 AR, ACP has a strong chamber wall and frame. The reload and factory rounds are loaded with "Don't Do  That", warnings.  These warnings are directed at the 1917 Milsurp..