something that shouldn't have gotten even a single second of press got lots of attention because someone decided to be stupid.  Good for her for winning, but I hate it when everything comes down to being "racially motivated" as a defense or explanation as to why you get to behave badly.

So do I. I'd much rather see her treated the same as everyone else. I'd much rather live in a world that didn't have race problems. And I'd much rather live in a world where behaving well solved problems.

But where racism is concerned, good behavior simply doesn't matter.

Usually, it is JW's, so I was confused by this.  JW's will not participate in the Pledge ever.  That is a religious position they hold.  So, it is tenuous if her parents didn't send permission for a racial demonstration.  But, in Harris County, that is a safer position to take due to how liberal the City as a whole is, and the cornucopia of people make that feasible.  Small town, Texas, not so much.  Racist or anti-Semitic perspectives are the norm.  It took the High School awhile to finally remove the swastikas off put on the pillars of the brand new High School, as it was considered no big deal.  My blonde blue eyed son (he gets that from my wife), got pissed at his Alpha Squad while they were done marching and being transported in a van to their departure point in the JROTC, as they were making Anti-Semitic jokes.  They couldn't figure out why he was pissed of at his fellow Alpha Squad, as he looks like a perfect Aryan. 

Why do you think it's tenuous?

The public schools don't have the authority (I would say either the legal authority or the moral authority) to make her say the pledge or stand for the pledge. I agree she took the easy way out, but I think she had a straight up case with or without the racism. The fact that she proved racism implies that it existed, but if a white kid refused to recite the pledge, he or she would have a case just on the fact that the school (assuming it's a public school, Moonies, Catholics and weird private schools can get away with straight out abuse) doesn't have the authority to make him or her participate.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to understand Harris County.  It has a terrible school system.  Governor Abbot slammed them as much.  It is probably as liberal as you can get this side of Austin.  I would argue it is probably the murder and violence capital of Texas.  Turn on the news in the morning, and someone has murdered someone.  You have multi-gender choose your own bathrooms, and another Democrat Mayor.  The only reason I ever end up being carted there is because, despite all that they have the best medical care in Texas as well.  I hate Houston, I hate being in Houston. 

On 12/31/2018 at 3:24 AM, Jammersix said:

Why do you think it's tenuous?

The public schools don't have the authority (I would say either the legal authority or the moral authority) to make her say the pledge or stand for the pledge. I agree she took the easy way out, but I think she had a straight up case with or without the racism. The fact that she proved racism implies that it existed, but if a white kid refused to recite the pledge, he or she would have a case just on the fact that the school (assuming it's a public school, Moonies, Catholics and weird private schools can get away with straight out abuse) doesn't have the authority to make him or her participate.

I read no indication that the school was motivated by racism in the article you linked. Can you cite a case of a White child in the Fairbanks Cypress Independent School District refusing to stand for the pledge and being given a pass while this controversy and expulsion were happening? 

As for the school district and Texas AG being either unaware of case law or not thinking it applied to them goes that is pretty ******* moronic. It is their job to know.

21 minutes ago, Jammersix said:

Then how did they prove it?

I have seen no indication in any article I read about this that establishes that racism was either proven or stipulated to. If you have anything other than a claim than post it.