S & W Victory

Vanwall

I have had mine for about a year.   Very satisfied 3k + rounds.   No problems, I have found CCI standard velocity to be tyne the most consistent ammunition.

Add a TANDEMKROSS trigger & red dot for a nice target 22.  

Of course this is my opinion but if you want a nice 22 pistol it's worth a look. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 10:37 PM, Gridglocked said:

I have been looking at the S&W Victory and the Ruger Mark IV. Does anyone own both? Which one would you recommend?

Yeah, I have a S&W Victory and MKIII 22/45 LITE and MKIV 22/45 LITE.   I would tend to recommend the S&W Victory over the MKIV.

Smith_&_Wesson_Victory_22_b.jpg

• Like 2

I love my SW22 Victory. In fact I sold off my Ruger 22/45 and intend to buy a second SW22. I want to keep one stock and trick one out.

About time they made an affordable high quality S&W .22LR with strong aftermarket support.

• Like 1

Anyone else suffer from the stuck takedown screw problem on their victory?    Both of ours needed a heat gun to get apart.  They're about due for another cleaning.  Not sure what those screws are going to be like this time.   I went back together with them last time with low torque and a little blue loctite.  

9 minutes ago, Mr. Black said:

Anyone else suffer from the stuck takedown screw problem on their victory?    Both of ours needed a heat gun to get apart.  They're about due for another cleaning.  Not sure what those screws are going to be like this time.   I went back together with them last time with low torque and a little blue loctite.  

Yup. Bought one when they came out, entered the well known bent Allen key victory club, found out about this massive design fail, needed to order a socket for my wrench to get the screw loose, then screw came loose by itself after shooting just a box, so I returned it to my LGS a week later. This was - so far - the only gun I have ever returned / sold.

Eventually I'll get the Ruger Mark 4 with a much better designed break down feature.

Edited by crockett

• 4 weeks later...

I love mine, could never get it apart.  Some gorilla at the factory must've been putting them together.

It did break on my daughter last month.  It's been at S&W for two weeks now with no response as to what they are doing.

This piece broke off and of course by the time I got home to see if I can fix it, it disappeared.

image1.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mr. Black said:

Got mine December 2016.  I promptly joined the bent allen key and rounded takedown screw club.  Round-trip to S&W took about two weeks.  

Its a tack-driver with CCI Mini-Mags.  Doesn't much care for Federal bulk.  I added the Tandemkross trigger.

Mine is the threaded version.  Now, if we could ever get suppressors deregulated I'd have a fun little squirrel gun!

• Like 1

I bought a Mark IV Lite for Steel Challenge  I own one of each of Ruger's Mark Series.  Reassembly is a 60 second or less process for my 1 thru 3s.  I shoot Eley Standard through the Mark IV and the only issue I ever have with it is it will start to feed jam after about 1500 rounds if I don't clean it.

I must also add that I had to do the safety recall on this one.  I called Ruger.  They sent me a box which I put the lower in and mailed.  I got it back in 1 calendar week, and the 4th of July was part of that week.  I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with people at Ruger

Ruger Halocopy copy.jpg

Edited by windowasher