Traded my G30sf

trigger45

I had 2 1911 about 10 years ago had fun with them carried them too but the same thing happened. This latest trade will probably e the last. I can never reliably sit and reload pistol Ammo. Rifle Ammo somehow I get it done. I also have been comparing every pistol I own to how better I shot with the G19 or the G19 felt better in the hand. I’d rather just have the G19. Like I’m going tomorrow to put 100 more through this pistol and that will be 400 through it. This couldn’t happen with .45 for me in my situation. It just wouldn’t work. Kinda like the gen4 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

On 1/6/2019 at 1:51 PM, G26S239 said:

I had a Glock 30 that I got rid of 10.5 years ago. It was a pretty good gun and I miss it sometimes. But since I have a USP 45 Compact that fills the same niche 
I'll probably not replace it.

So much for that idea. I picked up this like new unfired G30SF on Tuesday. I had a 10 round magazine for it in my safe that was somehow left over from 2008 and ordered two more 10 rounders so I have five with the two mags that came with the gun. I have put Pearce +0 mag bases on the 10 rounders and have two 9 round mags on the way as well and also bought a 4.6" Lonewolf barrel for it. I have tried a few compact 45s and the G30 remains the softest shooting of them even with +P loads. 

IMG_0073.jpg

Edited by G26S239
  • Like 1

Good deal.

Enjoy I have plans to go on my next days off but we’ll see. I’m enjoying my decision. I’ve been carrying the G26 on hotter days and the G19 if I want. I have several hundred rounds of range Ammo and 6 Boxes of hp. I’m not doing bad. This works for me. Every time I pick up a G19 It like I’ve come home. Simple is best for me. I’ll enjoy my 10-12-15-17-19-21-33 round mags. I don’t feel it so much when I drop $22 on 150 ends of steel Ammo. Better than $16 for 50. In the end I’m shooting more and enjoying myself and still spending less or about the same.

Plan to shoot the .45 when I go out to. If I’m bored tomorrow I’ll number my 6 mags for the G21sf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trigger45 said:

Good deal.

Enjoy I have plans to go on my next days off but we’ll see. I’m enjoying my decision. I’ve been carrying the G26 on hotter days and the G19 if I want. I have several hundred rounds of range Ammo and 6 Boxes of hp. I’m not doing bad. This works for me. Every time I pick up a G19 It like I’ve come home. Simple is best for me. I’ll enjoy my 10-12-15-17-19-21-33 round mags. I don’t feel it so much when I drop $22 on 150 ends of steel Ammo. Better than $16 for 50. In the end I’m shooting more and enjoying myself and still spending less or about the same.

Plan to shoot the .45 when I go out to. If I’m bored tomorrow I’ll number my 6 mags for the G21sf.

You can't go wrong with a 26 as far as I'm concerned. I have REALLY liked the 26 a lot since I bought my first one in December 99. I like it well enough that I bought a spare in late 07. I have at times bought and/or tried other subcompact 9mms but none has suited me better than the 26 in balancing compact size, lightweight, capacity and accuracy in shooting. If other people prefer the XDsc, P99 or other subcompact 9mm that is fine with me but the 26 is best for me and I doubt that will change.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, Dog Soldier said:

My Old LAR Grizzly rode the High Country with me for many years. The .45 Win. Mag loaded with 8, 300 gr bullets at full throttle can drop anything.  This load clocks 1,290 fps.  

grizz.png

You have me intrigued.  How do you find extra magazines?

I hear ya brother and I only have to buy 2 calibers(9mm and .380)..9mm ammo is SO cheap right now($7.87 for 50 at wallyworld)..I may have to take another look at the G26..G43 hurts to shoot(wonky RH wrist and thumb)..but G26 might do it for me..gotta go rent one..

Had the same issues with my wrist and hands. Follow ups we’re not as fast or accurate as I wanted. Have a sig p365 and love it but for me it’s snappy. Slow fire it’s a laser but double taps and rapid fire the groups were not as tight. Bought a 26.5 and is a much softer shooter for my arthritic 70+ year old hands and groups are tight. I do believe the barrel and the extra weight makes it more controllable for follow ups. As for ammo I don’t worry about prices. I load for 3 calibers and pay 13.00 per hundred for practice ammo that is better quality than I can find anywhere.

The solutions I have tried if something is too snappy, is to get it customized.  Heavier guide rod springs, compensators.  It helps.  No matter what anyone says, a 9mm can be snappy in a light frame, without something calming it down.

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

The solutions I have tried if something is too snappy, is to get it customized.  Heavier guide rod springs, compensators.  It helps.  No matter what anyone says, a 9mm can be snappy in a light frame, without something calming it down.

Yup, I'd call the ruger lc9 snappy.