Jump to content
trigger45

Traded my G30sf

Recommended Posts

Got tired of having so many different rounds. For carry guns. Picked up a G19g4. Shot 100 this morning. Plan to go again tomorrow with my brother.

 

I went all 9mm a few years ago. Tired of fighting the caliber wars. Let my focus go and tried to go all .45acp. But every time I go large I shoot less. Gonna stick with 9mm. I shoot more.95fef89be0403b295cdcf42095ddc8d8.jpg

 

I got away with gun +tax + $50

G19g4 was brand new.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, trigger45 said:

 

Got tired of having so many different rounds. For carry guns. Picked up a G19g4. Shot 100 this morning. Plan to go again tomorrow with my brother.

 

I went all 9mm a few years ago. Tired of fighting the caliber wars. Let my focus go and tried to go all .45acp. But every time I go large I shoot less. Gonna stick with 9mm. I shoot more.95fef89be0403b295cdcf42095ddc8d8.jpg

 

I got away with gun +tax + $50

G19g4 was brand new.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Same altho my bunged up wrist and thumb=EDC of a Glock 42...why I'm looking for a Glock 25 to replace my Glock 19..then be an all .380 house. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@trigger45 If you don't mind me asking, and out of curiosity how much did you get on the trade in?  I'm thinking of trading in my gen 3 G23 and was wondering what I could expect (ballpark).

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOM!
 
 
 
500.png


It’s that thinking that got me into the situation I was in not practicing cause rounds needed to be loaded or cost of ammunition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[mention=1050]trigger45[/mention] If you don't mind me asking, and out of curiosity how much did you get on the trade in?  I'm thinking of trading in my gen 3 G23 and was wondering what I could expect (ballpark).
TIA

About $375ish


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minderasr, Spend $125 and buy a 40:9 conversion barrel. Pick up a couple of G19 mags and your all set.

I think he would rather have a pistol made for 9mm and just never buy .40 again, like I was thinking along time ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, trigger45 said:


I think he would rather have a pistol made for 9mm and just never buy .40 again, like I was thinking along time ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a KKM 40-to-9mm barrel for my G23 and it's the best of both worlds. I can use the cheaper 9mm for the majority of practice and familiarity with the gun and use 40  for occasional familiarity with the different ammo and as my preferred carry ammo. 

The gun shoots to the same point of aim with both calibers and I hardly notice the difference in the recoil impulse which some people make a big deal about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got tired of having so many different rounds. For carry guns. Picked up a G19g4. Shot 100 this morning. Plan to go again tomorrow with my brother.
 
I went all 9mm a few years ago. Tired of fighting the caliber wars. Let my focus go and tried to go all .45acp. But every time I go large I shoot less. Gonna stick with 9mm. I shoot more.95fef89be0403b295cdcf42095ddc8d8.jpg
 
I got away with gun +tax + $50
G19g4 was brand new.
 
 
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTSHTF, and their is no 9mm ammo available, you may wish you had other caliber firearms that will shoot the ammo available.
At minimum purchase a glock that will have multi caliber conversion barrels. .40/9/357 sig. or 45/10mm/40.
Enjoy shooting, I can understand you reasoning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trigger45 said:

 


It’s that thinking that got me into the situation I was in not practicing cause rounds needed to be loaded or cost of ammunition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

I love reloading. If I would only shoot and reload 9mm, I'd give up on both hobbies and would only keep 2 guns all-together for carry and home defense. I gave up on many things in life, ranging from smoking, drinking, nagging females, eating crap, but I'd never give up on the variety of firearms and calibers. What's the fun in that..?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 6:20 PM, MikeG36 said:

minderasr, Spend $125 and buy a 40:9 conversion barrel. Pick up a couple of G19 mags and your all set.

I already have two G19s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 5:56 PM, minderasr said:

@trigger45 If you don't mind me asking, and out of curiosity how much did you get on the trade in?  I'm thinking of trading in my gen 3 G23 and was wondering what I could expect (ballpark).

TIA

Locally, any 40 (assuming the gun store will even make an offer) is significantly lower than a 9mm or 45. Your area may be better? Today's market is a great time to buy 40. Selling, not so much.

You already have two G19s. Put the 23 in the safe and shoot your 19s. The 23 takes up little room and gives you options when another ammo scare comes along. Given politics, that is a near certainty. I will add that online pricing of 40 has come down significantly. Forty can be had now for what 9mm was just a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minderasr said:

I already have two G19s.

How about a G32? Just drop in a stock Glock G32 barrel and you're all set to shoot 357 Sig. And BTW, one can never have enough G19s.  ;) 

 

 

W-Six.1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, TeaDub said:

Locally, any 40 (assuming the gun store will even make an offer) is significantly lower than a 9mm or 45. Your area may be better? Today's market is a great time to buy 40. Selling, not so much.

You already have two G19s. Put the 23 in the safe and shoot your 19s. The 23 takes up little room and gives you options when another ammo scare comes along. Given politics, that is a near certainty. I will add that online pricing of 40 has come down significantly. Forty can be had now for what 9mm was just a few years ago.

 

I was looking to get rid of it because it's already a safe queen.  Was hoping to trade it in for a Mossberg Shockwave.  I'm in no hurry though.  Not too concerned with another ammo scare.  Reloading is your friend!  😉

 

 

16 hours ago, MikeG36 said:

How about a G32? Just drop in a stock Glock G32 barrel and you're all set to shoot 357 Sig. And BTW, one can never have enough G19s.  ;) 

 

 

W-Six.1.jpg

 

Not interested in 357 sig.  I have five Glocks, was looking to thin the herd a bit.  :)  Is the photo of your collection or are you just trying to spend my money?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. All mine. I'm not a collector per se or a fanboy, but I thought it would be cool pick up a few copies of my favorite carry gun. I have Colt, Sig, S&W, Beretta, Ruger, Walther, Dan Wesson, Para Ordnance and possibly others in my safe. If I own it - I shoot it. When the time comes for me to thin the herd, my kids are going to be happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, minderasr said:

 

 

I was looking to get rid of it because it's already a safe queen.  Was hoping to trade it in for a Mossberg Shockwave.  I'm in no hurry though.  Not too concerned with another ammo scare.  Reloading is your friend!  😉

 

 

 

Not interested in 357 sig.  I have five Glocks, was looking to thin the herd a bit.  :)  Is the photo of your collection or are you just trying to spend my money?  :D

Considering they just came out with a shockwave that takes 10 round magazines, that makes sense to wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the range this morning and burned another 100 rounds. New gun and I’ve fired 300 rounds in it in total . That’s why I got it. I’ve only had it a week or week and a half. I still have a G21sf with 6 mags and a G26 for the summer. I’m really ok guys. Tired of fighting the caliber wars and loosing my edge. Which is what has been happening over the last 2 years. I’m tired of buying 6 different types of ammunition to go play. This is the right answer for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trigger45 said:

Went to the range this morning and burned another 100 rounds. New gun and I’ve fired 300 rounds in it in total . That’s why I got it. I’ve only had it a week or week and a half. I still have a G21sf with 6 mags and a G26 for the summer. I’m really ok guys. Tired of fighting the caliber wars and loosing my edge. Which is what has been happening over the last 2 years. I’m tired of buying 6 different types of ammunition to go play. This is the right answer for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya brother and I only have to buy 2 calibers(9mm and .380)..9mm ammo is SO cheap right now($7.87 for 50 at wallyworld)..I may have to take another look at the G26..G43 hurts to shoot(wonky RH wrist and thumb)..but G26 might do it for me..gotta go rent one..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trigger45 said:

Went to the range this morning and burned another 100 rounds. New gun and I’ve fired 300 rounds in it in total . That’s why I got it. I’ve only had it a week or week and a half. I still have a G21sf with 6 mags and a G26 for the summer. I’m really ok guys. Tired of fighting the caliber wars and loosing my edge. Which is what has been happening over the last 2 years. I’m tired of buying 6 different types of ammunition to go play. This is the right answer for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you. Enjoy shooting that new pistol.  If I took all the time I spent over the last month checking prices, watching videos, and reading reviews on my 2019 wish list guns, I could have come and gone from the range 3 or 4 times.

If I don't buy those new guns and just enjoy what I already have, I'll have the cash to fund 20 or 30 trips to the indoor range, which is way more trips than I can make in a year.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the whole reason I traded, I’ve never been able to enjoy a .45 because of lack of funds. The 9mm is a whole different story. It works check history good and bad. No more caliber wars for me.

P.s. I still have a G21sf with 6 mags.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, crockett said:

 

I love reloading. If I would only shoot and reload 9mm, I'd give up on both hobbies and would only keep 2 guns all-together for carry and home defense. I gave up on many things in life, ranging from smoking, drinking, nagging females, eating crap, but I'd never give up on the variety of firearms and calibers. What's the fun in that..?

Is all *your* fun relevant to the OP's situation?... Not evident from his post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

Is all *your* fun relevant to the OP's situation?... Not evident from his post.

OP didn't ask any questions, just stated his decision and perspective. So did I. That's what we do on forums.

Is *your* post relevant to the OP's situation?... Not evident from his post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, crockett said:

OP didn't ask any questions, 

 

Exactly. But as the Prima Donna you are, you answered those questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Glocks4Freedom said:

Exactly. But as the Prima Donna you are, you answered those questions.

What's wrong with you?

**** off buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...