What's on your Christmas menu?

Al Czervik

Keepin' it simple this year.

Sloppy joes for the grandkids, and I'm smoking a couple of chuck tender roasts for the grown ups.  I'm cooking to the cooler side of medium, slicing it thin, (those  counter top slicers are the bomb), and serving on some fresh baked rolls.  We're going to have a soup of some kind on the side, but I'm not sure what to do in that regard just yet.

• Like 1

Homemade ravioli, Turkey (normally leg of lamb) , home made rolls and not sure about the rest .... XMas eve cioppino

Had a pizzelle party last weekend... cookies, prime rib, turkey and chocolate sweets ... can’t eat much but luv to cook... hate dishes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TBO said:

Double time and a half :cool:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

Excellent.  I have a cousin that works for the post office, and he's worked the last 35 Christmas days because of the bonus pay.  

Good plan.  And if that wasn't planned, at least it softens the blow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TBO said:

Double time and a half :cool:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

I miss those days.  We're having ham, bbq beef, scalloped potatoes and more food that I can't remember. Merry Christmas, everyone. tom. :tree:

Edited by deputy tom
more info
  • Like 2

When I am with the family, it is typival fare:  turkey, ham, and sweet potato pie.  And possibly deer sausage, since it has occasionally worked out that way.  The deer sausage is my favorite part when it happens, and it is happening this year.  And for the past 12 years since my dad has married a Filipina, we have had a variety of her own native specialties.

When I'm alone...  I microwave something and sit at the computer.  I am not a tradition person.  I am perfectly content that way.

• Like 1

We finally nailed it down today.

First, charcuterie and cocktails, featuring torchon of foie gras, duck prosciutto, french garlic sausage, duck rillettes, Iberico de Bellota, fruits, nuts, and the usual accompaniments like conrnichons, bread, crackers, dijon, mostarda, etc.  And, for the first few guests, toasted brioche with seared foie gras, arugula, cloudberry compote.

Dinner is a whole prime standing rib roast, au jus, pommes Anna, Yorkshire puddings, asparagus with hollandaise, and brussels sprouts with bacon and balsamic glaze.

Dessert will be croquembouche, Christmas pudding with caramel sauce, and various chocolates.

• Thanks 1

Woke up around 3pm. Walked outside. Smelled BBQ smoke.

Got dressed, drove down into the hood. Picked up a slab of ribs from King's. They lay down wax paper, 3 slices of wonder bread, slap down half a slab, paint it with mustard sauce, slap down another half, paint it too, and 3 more slices of wonder bread. wrap the wax paper, place in plastic bag.

Good for at least 3 meals.