Glock Drawing - Updated 10-11-17

Eric

43 minutes ago, Eric said:

It is an outstanding pistol. It is my second-favorite Glock, behind the G21. As I don't believe the G21 is a realistic choice for everyone, I believe the G19 to be best choice of Glock models for the average shooter to pick up for general self-defense use, if they are set on getting a Glock.

I agree; I shoot a 19 better than a 17 or even a 34.  It just fits / feels better than the others.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

I agree; I shoot a 19 better than a 17 or even a 34.  It just fits / feels better than the others.

Me too. It is a great little pistol. I've put a lot of rounds downrange with G19s.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:25 PM, Eric said:

There are no free lunches. The giveaways and drawings will be used to help grow the site and make it profitable. These giveaways and such will be used to provide incentive for folks to participate on the site, particularly in areas of the site that are under-performing. The incentives will hopefully lower the percentage of people using ad blockers, at least here.

I don't know if you guys remember a few years ago, when I still owned GT and we were doing the email blasts for Midway USA. We offered a drawing for some prizes with every email blast sent and the attrition we suffered with each mailing was a fraction what the norm was. If we make money on something on the site, I want to give some of it back to y'all. It is just good business, or I sincerely hope that it will be.

I am doing something that is a bit outside the norm with my approach here, but I was doing something outside the norm when I originally built GT as a message board community. No one was doing that back then. I am not trying to be a trendsetter here. I just really want to see this place succeed.

Whatever comes here, I am always going to shoot straight dice with you all. I will be honest and forthright with you and I will keep you all in the loop, when things happen that affect the community.

I'm not using an ad blocker but I don't notice any ads.  I am using the browser that comes with Windows 10.  :dunno:

Regards,

happyguy :)

On 9/8/2017 at 10:29 PM, Eric said:

It is an outstanding pistol. It is my second-favorite Glock, behind the G21. As I don't believe the G21 is a realistic choice for everyone, I believe the G19 to be best choice of Glock models for the average shooter to pick up for general self-defense use, if they are set on getting a Glock.

I'd agree with that. My Brother in law has one so I've gotten a chance to play with the 19. It is the right size gun for the most hands. 

I've never handled a regular sized 21. Mines an SF model, but it's an excellent shooter. I was surprised at it's willingness to feed semi wadcutters. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 9:17 PM, Eric said:

One of the ones I most look forward to is the next one I intend to open. It will be a Cold War nostalgia site, called Cold War Stories, http://ColdWarStories.com/ . It might seem weird on the face of it, for people to be nostalgic about the Cold War, but I think that a great many people who were raised and lived in that era will really enjoy this new site.

In 1999, I worked with a retirement age Project Manager who was a B52 navigator during the cold war.  He was on one of the jets that flew routine nuclear armed flights up to the cut off point with Russia and then flew home.  It was chilling to hear him talk about being in the air during Kennedy' nuclear brinks man ship episode.  It was a scary time which will probably have ongoing relevance for future generations now that Pandora's box of nuclear proliferation has been opened by rogue states.  

As a kid, I remember crawling under my desk for those nonspecific "duck and cover" drills.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:43 PM, Eric said:

With the influx of new faces, i wanted to make sure that everyone saw the announcement posted above. Anyone who registers on TBS before the end of September and posts at least fifteen times, will be automatically entered in a drawing for a free Glock pistol, to be held on the first week of October. If you have already signed up, stick around and hang out & post a bit. You might just win yourself another Glock. I really appreciate everyone's interest and participation here on my new site.

http://theboresite.com/announcement/7-founding-member-upgrade-glock-drawing/

Thanks, Eric! hope TBS becomes the success your previous site is!

Thanks, Eric.  TBS is coming along nicely with well-behaved posters despite the relaxed rules--very encouraging and a pleasant surprise! 

The 19 is a great handgun imo.

I, too, don't have an ad blocker, and I'm not seeing any ads yet.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, n2g said:

Thanks, Eric.  TBS is coming along nicely with well-behaved posters despite the relaxed rules--very encouraging and a pleasant surprise! 

The 19 is a great handgun imo.

I, too, don't have an ad blocker, and I'm not seeing any ads yet.

I haven't actually set up any ads yet. I'll be doing so this week. They will be pretty much how I used to do things. No pop-ups, pop-unders, etc. Nothing from third-party ad providers. nothing with any scripting built into it. They will be clean, basic ads, with a minimal program handling the rotation. They won't ad much, if any overhead to the site and they won't take over anyone's browsers. I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. Thanks again, everyone. Eric

• Like 1

• Eric unpinned this topic