Glock Drawing - Updated 10-11-17

Eric

• Administrators

With the influx of new faces, i wanted to make sure that everyone saw the announcement posted above. Anyone who registers on TBS before the end of September and posts at least fifteen times, will be automatically entered in a drawing for a free Glock pistol, to be held on the first week of October. If you have already signed up, stick around and hang out & post a bit. You might just win yourself another Glock. I really appreciate everyone's interest and participation here on my new site.

http://theboresite.com/announcement/7-founding-member-upgrade-glock-drawing/

Look near the end of this thread, for the giveaway update.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

• Eric pinned this topic
  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, r3dot said:

Thanks, Eric. Really cool thing to do 

Such drawings are going to be a regular feature of this new site. I am still getting all my ducks in a row, in that respect, but it will be a big part of this site's format.

For instance, once we have a war chest of prizes, anywhere we have a banner ad spot on this site, a banner giving away one of those prizes will periodically appear. We want to entice people to not use ad blockers here and we want to reward people for supporting the site.

Once we have things ready, every time we send an email out to the site's membership, there will be a drawing for some prize(s) attached to it.

I see the struggle between a site's need to earn a living with ads and the site's readers' resistance to view those ads building to a crisis. The answer to a growing number of people blocking and ignoring ads isn't to shove even bigger and more intrusive ads in their faces. That is self-defeating. It is just going to piss people off and alienate the very membership the site is trying to foster. The answer is to give everyone a chance to share in the benefit of those ads. What I envision for this site is an ad and incentive system much like radio stations have been running for decades.

For the record, I will never run pop-up ads, pop-under ads, or any other type of intrusive ad systems like that. I believe the incentive system I am preparing to launch will eliminate the need for such things. I don't like ads like that and I have given a lot of thought to how I can make this place work, without resorting to such tactics. I am rolling the dice that this approach will work for everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Maccabeus said:

Very nice on the drawing!  ...I suppose that means I should actually post something occasionally. 

There are no free lunches. The giveaways and drawings will be used to help grow the site and make it profitable. These giveaways and such will be used to provide incentive for folks to participate on the site, particularly in areas of the site that are under-performing. The incentives will hopefully lower the percentage of people using ad blockers, at least here.

I don't know if you guys remember a few years ago, when I still owned GT and we were doing the email blasts for Midway USA. We offered a drawing for some prizes with every email blast sent and the attrition we suffered with each mailing was a fraction what the norm was. If we make money on something on the site, I want to give some of it back to y'all. It is just good business, or I sincerely hope that it will be.

I am doing something that is a bit outside the norm with my approach here, but I was doing something outside the norm when I originally built GT as a message board community. No one was doing that back then. I am not trying to be a trendsetter here. I just really want to see this place succeed.

Whatever comes here, I am always going to shoot straight dice with you all. I will be honest and forthright with you and I will keep you all in the loop, when things happen that affect the community.

• Like 10

• Administrators

I should warn you that a holster company has commissioned me to do a series of tastefully nude pictures of myself, wearing only their holster, that will appear in a large number of banner ads throughout the site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 7

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Eric said:

I should warn you that a holster company has commissioned me to do a series of tastefully nude pictures of myself, wearing only their holster, that will appear in a large number of banner ads throughout the site.

:Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex::Alex:

:crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender::crylikeender:

With those ads, the giveaway drawings will be for barrels of industrial-strength eye bleach. The winner should be a good sport and share it around.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Eric said:

I should warn you that a holster company has commissions me to do a series of tastefully nude pictures, wearing only their holster, that will appear in a large number of banner ads throughout the site.

I hope it is only inside the waistband holsters.:anim_lol:

IMG_0734.JPG

• Eric unpinned this topic