St. Paul man charged with beating Normandale instructor into unconsciousness

TBO

Capture7.jpg?fit=620,9999px&ssl=1

A St. Paul man is accused of beating his instructor at Normandale Community College until she lost consciousness Wednesday, breaking two bones in her face.

Gavin Mitchell Flynn Hutson, 21, was charged Thursday with one count of third-degree assault, two counts of fifth-degree assault and one count of carrying a pistol without a permit, according to a criminal complaint filed in Hennepin County Court.

Hutson, who is in custody, is expected to make his first appearance before a judge on Friday, according to the Hennepin County attorney’s office.

Hutson’s instructor asked him to stay after class Wednesday morning after he made an inappropriate remark to another student in the science building on Normandale’s Bloomington campus, according to the criminal complaint.

When class had ended, Hutson struck the 51-year-old woman in the face, causing her to lose consciousness and fall to the floor, where he continued punching her, the complaint said. Another instructor tried to intervene, but Hutson struck him in the forehead and fled the classroom, according to court documents.

As Hutson ran through the hallway of the science building, he “stiff-armed” another student into a wall, reinjuring that student’s broken wrist, which was in a splint, the complaint said.

Police who caught up to Hutson in a nearby parking ramp said he had blood splattered on his hands and shirt sleeves when they arrested him. Officers also discovered a loaded .40-caliber handgun and extra ammunition in Hutson’s backpack, court documents said.

Hutson’s instructor was taken to Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, where X-rays revealed that she had two broken bones in her face.

In response to the incident, the president of the Minnesota State College Faculty union has called for new system-wide investments in campus safety training.

The charges against Hutson carry a maximum penalty of six and a half years in prison.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/13/st-paul-man-charged-with-beating-normandale-instructor-into-unconsciousness/

• Sad 1

Capture7.jpg?fit=620,9999px&ssl=1

A St. Paul man is accused of beating his instructor at Normandale Community College until she lost consciousness Wednesday, breaking two bones in her face.
Gavin Mitchell Flynn Hutson, 21, was charged Thursday with one count of third-degree assault, two counts of fifth-degree assault and one count of carrying a pistol without a permit, according to a criminal complaint filed in Hennepin County Court.
Hutson, who is in custody, is expected to make his first appearance before a judge on Friday, according to the Hennepin County attorney’s office.
Hutson’s instructor asked him to stay after class Wednesday morning after he made an inappropriate remark to another student in the science building on Normandale’s Bloomington campus, according to the criminal complaint.
When class had ended, Hutson struck the 51-year-old woman in the face, causing her to lose consciousness and fall to the floor, where he continued punching her, the complaint said. Another instructor tried to intervene, but Hutson struck him in the forehead and fled the classroom, according to court documents.
As Hutson ran through the hallway of the science building, he “stiff-armed” another student into a wall, reinjuring that student’s broken wrist, which was in a splint, the complaint said.
Police who caught up to Hutson in a nearby parking ramp said he had blood splattered on his hands and shirt sleeves when they arrested him. Officers also discovered a loaded .40-caliber handgun and extra ammunition in Hutson’s backpack, court documents said.
Hutson’s instructor was taken to Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, where X-rays revealed that she had two broken bones in her face.
In response to the incident, the president of the Minnesota State College Faculty union has called for new system-wide investments in campus safety training.
The charges against Hutson carry a maximum penalty of six and a half years in prison.
https://www.twincities.com/2018/12/13/st-paul-man-charged-with-beating-normandale-instructor-into-unconsciousness/

I defer sentence to the man that prefers a Wood Chipper....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I suppose he now feels more of a man because he could beat a 51 year old woman in a one sided brawl.  I hope he learns humility.

Given enough time in the right prison, I'm sure he will learn a bit of humility along with a lot he would rather not learn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

am i wrong that possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony is a 5 year minimum sentence and up to 15 years?

so he will get only a year and a half for beating the **** out of someone paid to help him.

but with his issues i`m betting he never leaves St Cloud State.

• Like 1